GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Farcry Instincts mapmaker...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FarCry Instincts: Predator'.
Mon 03/10/05 at 00:29
Regular
Absoloutly flucking marvellous!

For once an Xbox game comes out with a worthwhile mapmaker. Doesn't limit the amount of memory you can take up for the level and it's infinetly more detailed than anything seen yet on Xbox.

I'd actually say it's on par with PC mapmakers, except it's billions of times easier to use. Only thing it's missing is custom items and textures, but there's so much available to you, this really isn't a problem.

Oh and did I say it's fun to use? well it is, quite addictive actually. Hopefully more games will take note in future and copy this style of editing features.
Sun 09/10/05 at 16:18
Regular
because maps made for free should be played for free. It's just retarded, proper custom textures and such would be fine but this is just stupid. And stop speaking like a crappper.
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Smeg off!!!"
Apologies, duplicate post - IGNORE!!!
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Smeg off!!!"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> I think the XboxLive marketplace is absolutely stupid. Paying for maps
> people make for free? No thankyouverymuch.

I hate posts like this!! it's simple:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T PAY FOR IT!!!

There are plenty of people out there who may see a really novel map etc. and would like it to play them selves so where's the harm in paying a quid or two to have it for yourself. I bet you waste plenty more than that in a day buying other stuff!!!
Tue 04/10/05 at 15:54
Regular
Good for me, bad for talented mapmakers who sell good maps which I won't buy. Either way I ordered this and it should arrive tommrow.
Mon 03/10/05 at 23:44
Regular
It's funny because it's true.

Just look at the prices idiots pay for crap on Ebay.
Mon 03/10/05 at 22:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I dunno, can't be all bad. Is selling a map you've created to stupid people really a bad thing ? ;-) You could end up rich with enough stupid people - and lets face it, Halo 2 online has shown just how many there are around. ;-)
Mon 03/10/05 at 21:46
Regular
I think the XboxLive marketplace is absolutely stupid. Paying for maps people make for free? No thankyouverymuch.
Mon 03/10/05 at 15:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wouldn't be surprised if you see more map editors included in plenty of game when the 360 comes out - cause of the XBox Live marketplace.
Mon 03/10/05 at 00:29
Regular
Absoloutly flucking marvellous!

For once an Xbox game comes out with a worthwhile mapmaker. Doesn't limit the amount of memory you can take up for the level and it's infinetly more detailed than anything seen yet on Xbox.

I'd actually say it's on par with PC mapmakers, except it's billions of times easier to use. Only thing it's missing is custom items and textures, but there's so much available to you, this really isn't a problem.

Oh and did I say it's fun to use? well it is, quite addictive actually. Hopefully more games will take note in future and copy this style of editing features.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.