GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony's new F! game only £19.99 from SR."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 11:07
Regular
Wow, that's cheap. That means we can get both of Sony's ace racers (WRCII and F1 2002) for under £35 (If you get WRCII from Woolies.) Bravo!
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Sorry, I take that back - I found an old review for the Sony game, but that is an article that was written before anyone even knew GPC existed, so it doesn't count :-P
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
As for F1 gamers, I'm a very active member of that community so there's no point making stuff up. They award games ratings out of 5, not 10. They haven't got a section for Sony's game (last I looked), but GPC is on 4.5 out of 5.
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
That actually explains a lot! In every copy of PSW I have they find some excuse to criticize Formula 1. I seem to remember they gave one rally game bonus points *just* because it wasn't F1... It's a great magazine apart from their biased attitudes to motorsport. I bet they all read Max Power, lol
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:10
Regular
"  "
Oh and I looked on F1gamers.com and they gave F1 2002 by SOny a 9 stating it is the best on any console and gave GP Challenge an 8. :D
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:07
Regular
"  "
PSW had the review and there was also lots of footage on the DVD.
Fri 03/01/03 at 13:56
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> GP challenge got pants scores in all the mags saying that it feels too
> arcadey, the collision detection is rubbish, and the handling isn't
> consistant. But I don't want either. Just letting people know. :)

Natbuc, you can 'let people know' once you've played it. If magazines are slagging it then it's a conspiracy (remember how they dissed GTA3 until public opinion proved them wrong?) It's an incredible game, sleeper hit of the year in my opinion. Out of interest, which magazine? I've been looking out for reviews and haven't seen any??

I'll tackle some of these accusations since there is no decent reviews around: By inconsistent handling I take it they mean it's different depending on the level of difficulty you select - it's meant to be as your car has more horsepower on harder settings. Feels too arcadey, that's complete nonsense and makes me wonder if they even played it. Unless they are referring to the front end and menu screens? As for collision detection.... what??? That doesn't even make sense. Are they claiming you can drive through other cars or something? It doesn't happen anyway.

These are the sites with decent reviewers who care about motorsport simulations, and they absolutely love the game.

www.granturismo.com
www.f1gamers.com
Fri 03/01/03 at 13:39
Regular
"  "
Mwahahah. Great bargains :D
Fri 03/01/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I went into G*me at lunchtime, they had some bargains; WRC 2 £30, Vice City £35, Haven £20 and some others I can't remember.
Fri 03/01/03 at 12:09
Regular
"  "
GP challenge got pants scores in all the mags saying that it feels too arcadey, the collision detection is rubbish, and the handling isn't consistant. But I don't want either. Just letting people know. :)
Fri 03/01/03 at 11:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yes but anyone buying F1 2002 is mad, when Grand Prix Challenge is available instead. Do some research on the net and you'll see what I mean.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.