GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've been playing Ridge Racer in GT4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:12
"High polygon count"
Well, kind of... :-)

Take one small, well-balanced car and upgrade it to the max.

Reduce the weight, stick the biggest turbo you can in it, and bolt sports tyres to the wheels. Take it out on a road circuit, and powerslide to your heart's content!

I'm using the Ginetta G4 - a tiny 60's UK sports car. I've reduced the weight as far as I can and stuck the largest possible turbo in it (Stage 2), which takes it from its original 91 bhp to about 220 bhp.

On a track like Fuji Speedway 80s, with long sweeping turns, it's fantastic fun. I've manged to drift around the entire last corner, before the start/finish straight. Takes a lot of practice, but it looks so cool on the replay. ;-)
Wed 05/10/05 at 00:22
"High polygon count"
It was me who uploaded some screens, yes.

Unfortunately I didn't save the damn replay for this, though. :-(

If I manage it again, I definitely will do, though.
Tue 04/10/05 at 23:12
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Any chance of a look? I think it was you who uploaded some screenshots before, can it be done with a replay as well?

I've never managed to powerslide over a massive distance. I can't really be bothered to go modifying cars so that they'll do it, it's too tedious and I seldom have time these days.

The best car I've managed to slide sucessfully in with minimum modifications was the Holden Monaro. Turn the driving aids off and then just plough into a corner and let the back slip out. It's a bit tricky because if you don't get it right then you tend to lose quite a bit of power.

It's immensely satisfying though.
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:12
"High polygon count"
Well, kind of... :-)

Take one small, well-balanced car and upgrade it to the max.

Reduce the weight, stick the biggest turbo you can in it, and bolt sports tyres to the wheels. Take it out on a road circuit, and powerslide to your heart's content!

I'm using the Ginetta G4 - a tiny 60's UK sports car. I've reduced the weight as far as I can and stuck the largest possible turbo in it (Stage 2), which takes it from its original 91 bhp to about 220 bhp.

On a track like Fuji Speedway 80s, with long sweeping turns, it's fantastic fun. I've manged to drift around the entire last corner, before the start/finish straight. Takes a lot of practice, but it looks so cool on the replay. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.