GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Friends"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 22:16
Regular
I've been thinking. No, really.

People I like, people I enjoy the company of, I am always there for them. I mean, if they want to talk to me, about anything at all, I'm there. I'd happily spend hours with them if they need to talk something through, tell me their life story, etc.

But then I thought to myself, how many people would I actually, truly, tell my life story to? It's all well and good me being here for people, but I mean, it's pointless if they don't have enough trust in me.

There's only one person I tell everything to, and she'll remain to be the only one. I'm not sure what it is. I have no idea what I'm really embarressed about. Guess just a few skeletons that I think perhaps not everyone would understand.

Because it's all well and good telling someone a story where you 'found life really hard and everything was bad', but it's completely different to be utterly open. Most of the time, it seems, people want to tell stories of hardship because they want to be loved.

But then, what's wrong with that, anyway?

And then, some people make up complete bullcrap stories to tell their friends, just to cover their own real feelings. Maybe because they want to hide from their own feelings and want people [including themselves] to believe something different, because it'll make sense in their head...

I have good friends. To be honest, I have fantastic friends. It's took bloody ages to find them, but now I have them, it's really good. I love them all, and I'd do anything for them. Maybe partly because I want to be loved, but deep down mostly because I think, as people, they deserve all the help I could possibly give them.

There's this reoccuring challenge in my head, that I'm sure many people have too. Do something better.

But there are many many things that we're really not supposed to go through on our own. And as weak as you may feel for accepting that, or as pointless as it may seem to find other's opinions, it really does help. Because, honest to God truth, we're not perfect. And as much as you may want to deal with your own troubles on your own, or as much as you hate people that wait for handouts of love etc, it's always good to talk.

And funnily enough, I've got to end this topic now because I want to go talk to someone. :0)

Happy New Year people.
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:16
Regular
I've been thinking. No, really.

People I like, people I enjoy the company of, I am always there for them. I mean, if they want to talk to me, about anything at all, I'm there. I'd happily spend hours with them if they need to talk something through, tell me their life story, etc.

But then I thought to myself, how many people would I actually, truly, tell my life story to? It's all well and good me being here for people, but I mean, it's pointless if they don't have enough trust in me.

There's only one person I tell everything to, and she'll remain to be the only one. I'm not sure what it is. I have no idea what I'm really embarressed about. Guess just a few skeletons that I think perhaps not everyone would understand.

Because it's all well and good telling someone a story where you 'found life really hard and everything was bad', but it's completely different to be utterly open. Most of the time, it seems, people want to tell stories of hardship because they want to be loved.

But then, what's wrong with that, anyway?

And then, some people make up complete bullcrap stories to tell their friends, just to cover their own real feelings. Maybe because they want to hide from their own feelings and want people [including themselves] to believe something different, because it'll make sense in their head...

I have good friends. To be honest, I have fantastic friends. It's took bloody ages to find them, but now I have them, it's really good. I love them all, and I'd do anything for them. Maybe partly because I want to be loved, but deep down mostly because I think, as people, they deserve all the help I could possibly give them.

There's this reoccuring challenge in my head, that I'm sure many people have too. Do something better.

But there are many many things that we're really not supposed to go through on our own. And as weak as you may feel for accepting that, or as pointless as it may seem to find other's opinions, it really does help. Because, honest to God truth, we're not perfect. And as much as you may want to deal with your own troubles on your own, or as much as you hate people that wait for handouts of love etc, it's always good to talk.

And funnily enough, I've got to end this topic now because I want to go talk to someone. :0)

Happy New Year people.
Wed 01/01/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I thought I had good friends

Some left for college and the rest have been crap

Shame because I'm always a good friend

People suck
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:29
Regular
"He's back"
friends are quite cool, shame i don't have many
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:40
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
I've always been very lucky as I have a large circle of friends.

It was bad las**t night as we all split into groups to go to different places. I ended up going out with about 6 mates but it was s**till excellent. 2002 really was sh*t but New Year's Eve was the bes**t I have ever had.
Thu 02/01/03 at 03:55
Regular
"bWo > You"
In my opinion, good friends are only those who you can truly confide in. The others can be good for different reasons, but they're not true friends.

I think I've got about 3 or possibly 4 friends I would confide in. The rest are friends, but not in the best way.
Thu 02/01/03 at 04:03
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I've been thinking.

I thought I could smell burning |o/

I know what you mean. Me and my bes**t mate have this great partnership going - we take his dog for a walk, he tells me all his problems and I chip in with a few one liners that make him laugh. He thinks I'm the crazies**t, funnies**t person on Earth (quite embarrassing when he introduces me to all these people who have heard all about me and are expecting great things), and I think he's a great mate as he laughs at my sh*t off the wall humour. However it did s**tart to make me thing - a lot of my problems, trivial as they are, are for my eyes only. I don't share them with him, you sorry lot, my girlfriend or anyone else. That's jus**t the way it is, and is the way it alway will be I guess. Mos**t of the time it works, but sometimes I could use a chat about a problem, and no-one is there.

Thu 02/01/03 at 04:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Plus I sometimes think that my propensity to listen rather than speak affects my posting style - I am a (relatively) great replier, but I rarely start topics of my own.

Although that could be because when I do, no-one replies..
Thu 02/01/03 at 04:08
Regular
Thought i had good friends during my skool years now they are like I'm 'hard' or huge boffs.
Thu 02/01/03 at 17:11
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
"Plus I sometimes think that my propensity to listen rather than speak affects my posting style - I am a (relatively) great replier, but I rarely start topics of my own."

Life is always a great place to post topics... even though you do get the odd stranger here, it's basically a great big family of people. So don't be afraid to post a topic, everyone here is willing to listen as much as you are.
Thu 02/01/03 at 17:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I love you guys
*breaks down*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.