GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Robert Jordans's "The Wheel Of Time""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/12/02 at 10:36
Regular
I started reading this series a while ago and have just finished BOOK NINE. And it's still not finished. Forget Lord of the Rings - this is the most definitive fantasy series EVER. Book ten isn't even out yet.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out next year. By which time I'll probably have forgotten all the events preceding it.

Anyway, does anyone think it'll stetched past book ten? Or will book ten represent the end of such a fantastic series of books?
Fri 03/01/03 at 18:00
Regular
Hey, I approve of you rating Jordan, because he's undeniably a genius. But there's yet to be a fantasy author anywhere near Tolkien's level. No other author in the world ever has touched as many people as him. Only the Bible has outsold it, and I'm kinda hoping that record won't last long :D

But Tolkien didn't have crazy desert people who run about and dance the spears with people. So thats cool.
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Stryke wrote:

> This is just so many random names to everyone else, right?

Good work. I love people being confused. Or angry.
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
> Great series. However, it pales in comparision to Lord of the Rings.
> Believe me. Raymond E Feist, Terry Goodkind, George R R Martin,
> Jordan...The lot of them are only apprentices to Tolkein's genius.

I'm not so sure. Tolkien is the father of fantasy, that much is true. However, I've read Lord of the Rings about 4-5 times now and I think that Jordan does bloody well to keep the series going even if it's wearing a bit thin. My personal favourite series is, of course, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson.
Fri 03/01/03 at 13:38
Regular
Oh yeah, Shaidar Haran has just revealed who Mesaana is. Won't tell you who though, because you'll want to find out and also I fell asleep before I got to it. Indeed.

This is just so many random names to everyone else, right?
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:47
Regular
Die Faile die.

*nods at this*
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:37
Regular
"A square watermelon"
Hehe! I love Wheel of Time..

Curse you Gaz, curse you! *shakes fist*

I have to wait till Crossroads of twilight gets into the library to read it. Damn hardback books. Hate 'em.
Tue 31/12/02 at 15:23
Regular
Book 10, called Crossroads of Twilight, is out at the moment. I'm 300 pages in and Rand hasn't even turned up yet. Perrin's being bitchy about Faile, Mat is travelling somewhere with Tuon, and Elayne is trying to secure Andor. Haven't seen anything about the Seige of Tar Valon yet. And I think they need at least until Book 12 to finish. Rand needs to unite Aiel, the Free Lands and Seanchan, and he has to kill most if not all of the Forsaken. Not to mention Perrin has to confront Slayer and Mat has to marry Tuon and "sacrifice half the light of the world to save the world." I reckon that means he'll lose one eye. And remember that vision that Min had, about Thom Merrilin pulling Moiraines blue jewel out of the fire? That means he'll have to go and save her from wherever. Also, I reckon Olver is Gaidal Cain reborn.

Great series. However, it pales in comparision to Lord of the Rings. Believe me. Raymond E Feist, Terry Goodkind, George R R Martin, Jordan...The lot of them are only apprentices to Tolkein's genius.
Tue 31/12/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I started reading this series a while ago and have just finished BOOK NINE. And it's still not finished. Forget Lord of the Rings - this is the most definitive fantasy series EVER. Book ten isn't even out yet.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out next year. By which time I'll probably have forgotten all the events preceding it.

Anyway, does anyone think it'll stetched past book ten? Or will book ten represent the end of such a fantastic series of books?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.