GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ernest saves everyone but himself"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/12/02 at 16:22
Regular
Whilst i was channel hopping yesterday i found that as usual there wasnt really anything worth watching. Its nothing new, so i'm quite used to it these days, but to my horror i stumbled upon a "Comedy" starring Jim Varney. Ernest saves christmas was billed as a "Comedy", but the only laughs came from Jim Varneys Hillbilly accent.

So amazingly awful was this film that the tv guide didnt even bother giving it a review. And even more histerical is that this isnt Jim Varneys first offence. "Ernest saves christmas" is but one film in a sea of other "Ernest" badness.

Whilst Jim Varney was at one stage a stand-up comedian, and also appeared in "The Beverly Hillbillies" (hence his mastery of the hillbilly speech) he seems to have made the awful mistake of making one film too many.

It may be the christmas season, but subjecting viewers to "Ernest saves christmas" Is sadism.
Mon 30/12/02 at 16:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whilst i was channel hopping yesterday i found that as usual there wasnt really anything worth watching. Its nothing new, so i'm quite used to it these days, but to my horror i stumbled upon a "Comedy" starring Jim Varney. Ernest saves christmas was billed as a "Comedy", but the only laughs came from Jim Varneys Hillbilly accent.

So amazingly awful was this film that the tv guide didnt even bother giving it a review. And even more histerical is that this isnt Jim Varneys first offence. "Ernest saves christmas" is but one film in a sea of other "Ernest" badness.

Whilst Jim Varney was at one stage a stand-up comedian, and also appeared in "The Beverly Hillbillies" (hence his mastery of the hillbilly speech) he seems to have made the awful mistake of making one film too many.

It may be the christmas season, but subjecting viewers to "Ernest saves christmas" Is sadism.
Mon 30/12/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Selected"
The guys dead y'know, no joke.

I hope your happy with yourself, joke.
Mon 30/12/02 at 22:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
He's dead?

Excellent, no more Ernest.

;¬)
Tue 31/12/02 at 01:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
according to the imdb, you can watch:

Ernest (2000)
Ernest & Bertram (2002)
Ernest Claes (1981)
Ernest Goes to Africa (1997)
Ernest Goes to Camp (1987)
Ernest Goes to Jail (1990)
Ernest Goes to School (1994)
Ernest in the Army - aka Stormin' Ernest (1998)
Ernest the Rebel (1938)
Ernest Maltravers (1920)
Ernest Rides Again (1993)
Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)

cool, ne?
Tue 31/12/02 at 11:56
Regular
"I see you"
Tphi wrote:
> Ernest (2000)
> Ernest & Bertram (2002)
> Ernest Claes (1981)
> Ernest Goes to Africa (1997)
> Ernest Goes to Camp (1987)
> Ernest Goes to Jail (1990)
> Ernest Goes to School (1994)
> Ernest in the Army - aka Stormin' Ernest (1998)
> Ernest the Rebel (1938)
> Ernest Maltravers (1920)
> Ernest Rides Again (1993)
> Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
> Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)

I had no idea there was that many i only thought there was about 4. I've seen Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest Goes to School, Ernest Rides Agaion & Ernest Saves Christmas, but i was just a kid and had no idea what i was actually doing. Now i do, i was actually worshipping Satan cos only Satan could come up with those films.
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
machine1 wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
> Ernest (2000)
> Ernest & Bertram (2002)
> Ernest Claes (1981)
> Ernest Goes to Africa (1997)
> Ernest Goes to Camp (1987)
> Ernest Goes to Jail (1990)
> Ernest Goes to School (1994)
> Ernest in the Army - aka Stormin' Ernest (1998)
> Ernest the Rebel (1938)
> Ernest Maltravers (1920)
> Ernest Rides Again (1993)
> Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
> Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)
>
> I had no idea there was that many i only thought there was about 4.
> I've seen Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest Goes to School, Ernest Rides
> Agaion & Ernest Saves Christmas, but i was just a kid and had no
> idea what i was actually doing. Now i do, i was actually worshipping
> Satan cos only Satan could come up with those films.

even more worrying is that i've just re-looked through the list and two of the films were made over 70 years ago....
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:52
Regular
Tphi wrote:

> even more worrying is that i've just re-looked through the list and
> two of the films were made over 70 years ago....

Strangely enough I don't think Ernest Maltrevers is the Ernest we're all thinking of.
Fri 03/01/03 at 01:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
>
>
> even more worrying is that i've just re-looked through the list and
> two of the films were made over 70 years ago....
>
> Strangely enough I don't think Ernest Maltrevers is the Ernest we're
> all thinking of.

probably not...
Fri 03/01/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I've seen:

Ernest goes to Jail
Ernest scared stupid (Saw this when visiting my best friend in USA in '96)
Ernest goes to school

I had no idea there were that many though. The last one I saw was the scared stupid one, and that was Waaaaay back in 1996.

Still, they were typical Ameican kids films; the scared stupid one featured heavily on Halloween, if you catch my drift....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.