GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please HELP!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
I have completed Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, but am extremely stuck. It seems that the events in both these games are linked with metal Gear Solid, which i didn't purchase for my PS1. Can someone please briefly explain the storyline so far in the Metal Gear Solid series. It would be much appreciated.
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:29
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
THANX
Tue 11/10/05 at 19:11
Solid Snake goes to super secret location.
Kills 500 guards, or slips by unnoticed according to your playing style.
Meets his bro/twin whatever, Liquid.
Bro pops into Metal Gear, which Solid kindly activated for him.
Solid kills everything.
Liquid still alive, Solid beats him up.
Liquid still alive, chases Solid. Both crash.
Solid shags Meryl, or becomes manly with Otacon, depending on whether you were a wuss or not.
Tue 11/10/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Thanx guys. I think I understand it a little better now. Anyway, the games are just fun despite the confusing story!
Tue 11/10/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think only Kojima can explain the MGS storyline and even then he'd struggle a bit
Tue 11/10/05 at 06:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Synopsis of MGS1 & 2 : [URL]http://faqs.ign.com/articles/222/222423p1.html[/URL]

(1 cups of coffee recommended per synopsis, it's long).
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:59
Regular
"8==="
Homosh'll probably be along to tell you in a bit.

Alternatively:

* Try looking for a walkthrough at gamefaqs.com which'll give you an idea of the story if it's detailedenough.

* Try looking for an old review of the next game in the series to see if they sum up the previous game.

* Try looking on the net to see if some person's summarised all the stories on a site somewhere.

* Try asking on the metal gear message board at IGN or Gamespot
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:55
Regular
"youngest regular"
no.
just buy the game.
all you need is a ps1 memory card and a ps2.
(and the game,of course.)
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Mozzy wrote:
> Once upon a time...
>
> (Thats all I know)

That's all I know about the first one, except that it's in Alaska at a nuclear plant site that's been taken over by terrorists.

Surprise, Surpries...

:P
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Mozzy"
Once upon a time...

(Thats all I know)

:(
Mon 10/10/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
I have completed Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, but am extremely stuck. It seems that the events in both these games are linked with metal Gear Solid, which i didn't purchase for my PS1. Can someone please briefly explain the storyline so far in the Metal Gear Solid series. It would be much appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.