GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mirrors Edge"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mirror's Edge'.
Mon 03/11/08 at 13:28
Regular
Anyone else downloaded the demo of this? It is really good. Think it may be my first X360 game purchase.
Mon 17/11/08 at 15:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I did enjoy the demo..may get it after christmas.
Mon 17/11/08 at 15:36
Regular
"THFC"
MIRRORS EDGE 2-D Online Game

Quite fun, but it only a beta at the moment!
Fri 14/11/08 at 17:11
"possibly impossible"
The magazines I've read have given it fairly good scores, 8s and 9s.

A lot of people seem to be grumbling about the lack of combat, but that's really missing the point, this isn't an FPS.
Fri 14/11/08 at 14:19
Regular
The reviews of this seem to not like the trial and error gameplay. They also say the level design can lead to some stop-start moments, which detracts from the premise of the game. They are hoping that there will be a sequel in which to sort these flaws out.

Having said that, they do say that if you like the demo or just want to try something new, it's worth getting.

I think it comes out today, I may get it over the weekend. We'll have to see...
Fri 14/11/08 at 09:20
Regular
"THFC"
i need to download the demo and give it a try, just have not found time to do it yet. Hopefully i can this weekend, i was looking at this game as apotential buy
Mon 03/11/08 at 14:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm unsure about this. Heard good things and then all of the magazines absolutely slate it. I think I'll download the demo later...but whether I'll have time to play it I don't know :p
Mon 03/11/08 at 13:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I enjoyed the novelty and the addictive 'lets do that again to see if I can do it any better this time' type gameplay. I was a bit miffed the time-trials were locked out of the demo as I'd have loved to give them a go.

I think it'll do OK, it's completely different gameplay (think SKATE without a skateboard) than most people are used to which is always a risk but it's very polished, should sell well.

Hardest bit for me is those 180-turns mid wall run to jump off, practice makes perfect.
Mon 03/11/08 at 13:28
Regular
Anyone else downloaded the demo of this? It is really good. Think it may be my first X360 game purchase.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.