GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Resi Evil movie....??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 21:40
Regular
Hello.

I was just wondering if any of you know what has happened to the resident evil film? It's not in the shops alothough it was released on monday. I asked in WH Smiths and they said that no-one has got their's yet.
What's going on?! I was supposed to get it for Xmas aswell...:(

Thanks {;{)
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Entertaining film, but it's no horror. It's an action film, with zombies in place of terrorists, the acting is poor, there's nothing scary, it manages to be less gory than the games it's based on, and the soundtrack is really misplaced.

Michelle Rodriguez is rubbish at acting, if indeed acting is what she is trying to do. I’m tired of her “I’m ard me” performances in every bloody film she’s in.

Like I said the gore is almost non-existent, I remember a part in the film where someone gets dragged into an elevator full of zombies and the only thing you can hear is them all munching him to pieces. Yet he appears later on in the film in zombie form with nothing more than a few blood patches around his face. What the hell happened? I thought he got torn to pieces be hungry flesh eating zombies.

The CGI licker is the stupidest thing in the film though, as a small level of tension and atmosphere is actually built up before that ugly excuse of digital computer wizardry jumps out and destroys it all.

Anyway, all that aside, it is an entertaining action film, if you go to it not expecting anything more than a throwaway action flick. It’s crap at being a horror film, but it does the job in converting the game to the big screen, but I would have rather had a John Romero Zombie classic than a film, which fails to leave a lasting impression.
Sat 04/01/03 at 10:08
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
davidsobell wrote:
> It was so bad! I was watching it with a friend and we both guessed
> exactly who would die in order and how. Predictable.
> The only part that saved the movie from being a tragedy was the bit
> with the laser protection grid.

Great scene. Cocky git gets turned into meaty chunks for the zombies.
Sat 04/01/03 at 09:52
Regular
"not dead"
I hated it.

The games actually had better stories.

Plus the soundtrack didn't suit it at all.

I spent the whole movie preying that Michelle Rodrigruez would die, because she's rubbish.

"ooh, look at me, I'm tough and have a gun! I have attitude too! My character is a stereotype decades old!"

And since when has Resident Evil been about kicking dogs in the face? Wouldn't it have been a bit better for fans of the games for a character to have to fight something with a knife when out of bullets, rather than crap 'action' sequences used in the film?

Also, too many characters stuck together, which just isn't right. They should have had to work alone, it would have added a great deal more tension.

The film was awfully edited too, probably to keep it around the 90 minute mark.

For instance, early on, when zombies first appear, all of the characters are together, they try to go out of one door, but there are tons of zombies behind it.

Then, the following scenes has the bird in the red dress on her own, facing the dogs, and the cop somewhere else on his own, with the others together back at the Red Queen.

How did that happen?

So, er, I didn't like it.

And I don't know when it's out to buy, sorry....
Fri 03/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
"She's a dog!"
It was so bad! I was watching it with a friend and we both guessed exactly who would die in order and how. Predictable.
The only part that saved the movie from being a tragedy was the bit with the laser protection grid.
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:13
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Fishtobeking wrote:
> I got the Resident Evil Soundtrack yesterday for a cheaper price as it
> was in the sale. Some of the tracks are good but there is also some
> poor tracks as well. It won't be too many peoples cup of tea though.

I thought it was cool. :D
Thu 02/01/03 at 19:57
Regular
I saw the resident evil movie a few months before it came out on a brilliant pirate video. It was wicked. I saw it a few weeks ago properly and there was no difference between the quality of the films. Resident evil is wicked and they should make another one
Mon 30/12/02 at 16:27
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I got the Resident Evil Soundtrack yesterday for a cheaper price as it was in the sale. Some of the tracks are good but there is also some poor tracks as well. It won't be too many peoples cup of tea though.
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:47
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Devro wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I actually quite liked it. Nothing special, but certainly not a bad
> film. Could've done with more zombies and less of that stupid bad
> CGI
> looking monster at the end
>
> Yeh, and maybe a couple of hunters or something, but not the stupid
> mega-licker thing they invented specially for the film.

Yeah, Hunters would've been good. My only gripe is the ammount of noticable mistakes in the film. In Milla Jovovich's first scene, it's clear in one shot that she's wearing a towel.
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:45
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
*2002, rather.
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:45
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Auf wrote:
> Flux wrote:
> I've been waiting for this DVD to come since I got it on pirate in
> March. America got it in July, a month before it was released in the
> CINEMA over here! Expect it January. DVDs normally take 6/7 months
> to
> come out following the cinema release, so January should be right on
> schedule. It feels like it's been years though...
>
> It came out in America in August, by which time it was already no.3 in
> the UK Cinema Charts
>
> I know cos I got it as soon as it came out in America while I was
> there :P

I think you'll find it came out July 21st 2001 in America :)

Bless my photographic memory :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.