GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ASP BEAN IS HERE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 20:20
Regular
Thats right ASPBEAN (me) is here to stay (I hope) and now i have contributed a few replys i would like to ask of you one simple question.

Question:

Dose any one know where i can get a FREE (yes the workd free is there) ASP 3.0 host that also has the CDONTS component and server.exeecute commandand also FTP upload. now i know im asking alot but there must be one out their.

Thank you my friends :o)

Tome :o)
Sat 28/12/02 at 21:52
Regular
"How Handy."
/me waves his "running PHP on a Windows XP server" sign
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:25
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Oh dear, another fool enters a forum spouting absolute twaddle... May I suggest you give up now before it gets too far!
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:38
Regular
"relocated"
This thread is pretty funny.

And what the hell does 'Windows 2k rulz' mean anyway?
Sat 28/12/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
aspbean wrote:
> If i have PHP running "natively" on windows then how come i
> havent got one word in the windows 2k help file saying
> "PHP"???

WHAT?! You seriously need to look up what natively means man...
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:17
Anyways im gona start a new topic in the web design area "Wat is best ASP or PHP and even though i think PHP will win i will not be voting for it

Tom :o)
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:15
If i have PHP running "natively" on windows then how come i havent got one word in the windows 2k help file saying "PHP"???
Sat 28/12/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You complete moron, PHP runs natively on Windows, almost all flavours of Unix including *BSD. Need I also say it runs natively on AmigaOS, MacOSX, OS/2, IRIX, even bloody RiscOS. So where did you get this crap about "emulating linux".

Come to think of it, who in their right minds would want to run a server on Windows anyway?
Sat 28/12/02 at 11:21
Turbonutter wrote:
>
> ASP is so yesterday, today it's all about PHP.

ajg wrote:
> Ok thats your opinion. But have you actully used ASP? There is life
> outside your PHP little world. Anything .Net is worth taking notice
> of.

ajg's right ASP and ASP.NET are much more powerful and don'tneed linux to or an emulator of linux to run them on windows.

Tom :o)
Sat 28/12/02 at 11:17
Regular
""
Turbonutter wrote:
>
> ASP is so yesterday, today it's all about PHP.

Ok thats your opinion. But have you actully used ASP? There is life outside your PHP little world. Anything .Net is worth taking notice of.
Sat 28/12/02 at 04:58
Regular
speaking of that look at this fool in FOG chat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.