GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sales"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 16:06
Regular
This time of year is great, there are so many sales on and a lot of them are films, CDs and games. The area I'm most interested in at the moment is DVDs, as I have so many that I want and only a limited amount of money.

Why, though, is it always the shops with the least interesting DVD sales that you end up getting vouchers for? I got WHSmiths vouchers this year, but most of the sale DVDs there are ones I already have or don't want.

MVC has Lord of the Rings for £9.99 and Italian Job for under £9. This is just a sample of the sales in all the different shops at the moment, and even the online stores are going for it with some great bargains.
Fri 27/12/02 at 16:06
"possibly impossible"
This time of year is great, there are so many sales on and a lot of them are films, CDs and games. The area I'm most interested in at the moment is DVDs, as I have so many that I want and only a limited amount of money.

Why, though, is it always the shops with the least interesting DVD sales that you end up getting vouchers for? I got WHSmiths vouchers this year, but most of the sale DVDs there are ones I already have or don't want.

MVC has Lord of the Rings for £9.99 and Italian Job for under £9. This is just a sample of the sales in all the different shops at the moment, and even the online stores are going for it with some great bargains.
Fri 27/12/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah I popped into HMV today and came out with 2 Counting Crows albums and a Korn mini remix album (only 2 quid).

The Maiden Rock in Rio DVD still manages to avoid the sales though I see. I want it, I want it, I want it! But I can't pay 15 quid for 1 DVD!

Anyway, online stores having sales? Where?
Fri 27/12/02 at 17:22
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Sales are for the weak. A certain company rhyming with 'gay' selling me the first two series' of Family Guy on DVD for £36 however, is for the brilliant.

Or something.

I have some vouchers for woolworths or HMV or something. Recommend me something, not a CD. Maybe a cheap game?
Fri 27/12/02 at 17:25
"possibly impossible"
HMV, Woolies, Virgin all have sales online, better than the ones in the shops too! ToysRUs too.
Fri 27/12/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh I thought you meant online stores that didn't have shops around the country.

Amazon have a sale in fact, but it's crap.
Fri 27/12/02 at 19:29
Regular
Axl Dickinson wrote:
> The Maiden Rock in Rio DVD still manages to avoid the sales though I
> see. I want it, I want it, I want it! But I can't pay 15 quid for 1
> DVD!
http://www.playserver3.com /play247.asp?page=title&r=R2 &title=105415
It's a 2 disc set.

You don't pay 15 quid for a DVD? You can't have many DVDs then.
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:16
"possibly impossible"
New muppet dvd next month too. Must save £10 back for that. Those offers are sooo tempting though.
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:20
Regular
The Director's Edition of "Search for Spock" is out soon too.
Oo and the Limited Edition of Sleeping Beauty!!

X-Files video box sets are buy one get one free
Buffy and Angel sets too...If you look around you can get them for around £14 each! *cough*choices*cough*
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:25
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
I got nine albums today; Rage against the machine, mudhoney-since we've become translucent, Greenday- shenanigans, Korn - All mixed up, Iron maiden-Brave new world, Guns n Roses - Appetite for destruction, Feeder-echo Park, Jimmy eat World-Clarity and Muse-Oregin of symetry. i also got an e-bow for guitar.
I do a paper round and got £140 in tips so I used that to get my stuff.

Cool out
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:43
"possibly impossible"
Mystique wrote:
> The Director's Edition of "Search for Spock" is out soon
> too.

They can't make it any more exciting, they'd have to re-shoot it!

> Oo and the Limited Edition of Sleeping Beauty!!

Yep, if it's anything as good as Beauty and the Beast I'll get it.

>
> X-Files video box sets are buy one get one free
> Buffy and Angel sets too

But....videos?!...yuck. I'm collecting the Buffy DVD sets and hoping to win the lottery for the X-files ones ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.