GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fable 2 Final Boss *Spoilers*"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable II'.
Fri 31/10/08 at 21:28
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Is anybody else disappointed in what the main boss has to offer in Fable 2?

Show Spoiler

Opinions please.
Mon 03/11/08 at 14:41
Regular
"THFC"
hippyman wrote:
> I'm on about 5500 gold a time now, so it really
> builds up.

That is good, i get about 2000 last time i saw it. I own most of the houses in the main square of Bowerstone, i only just started buying property.
Mon 03/11/08 at 14:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
As I have way too many games to get on with, I think I'll save a few quests for later. It's quite handy that I am playing Fable for 15 minute stretches every morning and then playing something els as slowly my gold is building in order for me to buy some decent property. I'm on about 5500 gold a time now, so it really builds up.
Mon 03/11/08 at 08:12
Regular
"THFC"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Pick a choice, achievement unlocks, hit the XBox Guide button and
> press Y to quit to dashboard. Restart the game and reload last
> save.
>
> Repat twice more for selecting the two other choices et voila, 3
> achievements for one playthrough.

I did this too - i agree as it was just a way to finish the main story off, the game still has much to offer, and some of you may remember me saying i may grow bored of the game etc etc but the more it went on the more i found myself playing it, trying to get the achievements now i think and building my empire!
Mon 03/11/08 at 01:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pick a choice, achievement unlocks, hit the XBox Guide button and press Y to quit to dashboard. Restart the game and reload last save.

Repat twice more for selecting the two other choices et voila, 3 achievements for one playthrough.
Sun 02/11/08 at 17:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I thought the fight vs the shards before it was really the boss
> fight, Lucien was just their way of rounding off the story with
> justice (remember back how Lucien killed you off at the
> beginning?).

I thought bit was a nightmare. Took me ages before I realised I had to take on the big shard myself. Nice amount of experience.

> So personally I'm very happy that Lionhead didn't just go for
> the generic 'have a boss fight/roll credits' type ending that so
> many other games have.

I do have to agree on that point though. I knew you'd be able to go back and carry on as a Hero, but after the prelude of the above fight, I was expecting a good ten minute affair (well, at least a fight long enough that I could actually pour my beer from the can into the glass).

I think I was a little disppointed and put out that the guy you've spent the game trying to enact revenge on just went down so easy. But I guess I am also grateful that if I play through again, it's less of a struggle to get the other two achievements.
Fri 31/10/08 at 21:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I thought the fight vs the shards before it was really the boss fight, Lucien was just their way of rounding off the story with justice (remember back how Lucien killed you off at the beginning?).

Personally I loved the ending, played it through 3 times for the achievements and got to witness the alternative Lucien ending (where Reaper gets his funny line if you don't pull the trigger yourself).

I also thought it was fantastic how it wasn't really an ending, there's still unfinished business in Albion it and was really just the beginning as the game continues to throw new quests at you dependant on what choice you made at the storyline finish and how you've lived your life up until that point.

I recently finished collecting all 50 keys/gargoyles, and during this journey there were some fantastic battles in Castle Fairfax as well as in the Halls of the Dead (accessed via a dive point at the end of one of the piers in Bloodstone), some more tough decision making at the end of the Archeologist questline and some fun dungeons to explore. (Check out Archon's Lock in Brightwood if you haven't already).

So personally I'm very happy that Lionhead didn't just go for the generic 'have a boss fight/roll credits' type ending that so many other games have.
Fri 31/10/08 at 21:28
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Is anybody else disappointed in what the main boss has to offer in Fable 2?

Show Spoiler

Opinions please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.