GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast claims Xmas no.1!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/12/00 at 21:02
Regular
'Console sales reports show that Sega have had a good Christmas with the Dreamcast selling over 100,000 units in the UK and Ireland making it the most popular games console this Xmas'

Hmm. the dreamcast is not just a games console!!!
Mon 25/12/00 at 21:02
'Console sales reports show that Sega have had a good Christmas with the Dreamcast selling over 100,000 units in the UK and Ireland making it the most popular games console this Xmas'

Hmm. the dreamcast is not just a games console!!!
Mon 25/12/00 at 21:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Over the last 3 months Sept-Nov, Sega consoles have had 27% of the US market, 26% for Nintendo, the rest (47%) went to PSX and PS2.

This has no real relevance except to show the trend in the US. December's forcast is for DC share to go up, Sony down, and Nintendo also down.

Wonder what the figure will look like by March?

Sony 65% perhaps?
Mon 25/12/00 at 21:36
No chance. The DC is being pushed heavily with all sorts of advertising and promotional wonders in the good old US of A and the DC userbase is picking up with the DC outselling the PS2 (unsuprisingly seeing that the PS2 isn't readily available). I doubt if Sony willl continue to market the PSone so much after Xmas, as people are beginning to realise it has limited graphics life yet, and is being left behind, although the PSone has been selling amazingly in the US.

I think that the gaming scene is shaping up alright now, there is room for more than one console, so think of the Ps's reign as a one off, because Sega, Nintendo and now Microsoft all want a piece of the action.

Shame about Eidos' share price :(
Mon 25/12/00 at 22:26
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Publishers will turn more attention to dreamcast soon... seeing as the best PS2 games do not sell well enough to break even for big games like Final Fantasy- companies will have to change focus for financial reasons! Esp. for obscure Japanese titles that don't sell at all well in the west (Japanese PS2:games ration is less than 1:1 at the mo!).

SonicRav
Mon 25/12/00 at 22:37
If Xbox arrives in Europe a year late, and Sony cannot provide the european market with enough consoles to meet demand then the demand will turn to Dreamcast, it already has and I'm sure that people that wanted a PS2 but got a DC instead will be pleasantly surprised. I also think that Konami should support the console more, and IT IS time for Colin McRae to be uncanned as the DC userbase has grown a lot ths yule time.

Who cares about EASports though? As long as they're turning out trash I'd be grateful if sega can hold them off of developing for Dreamcast!!
Tue 26/12/00 at 13:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have one word .........................................................................
GAMECUBE!
Tue 26/12/00 at 14:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It's strange about EA Sports, in a way.
Whenever they bring out a sports title I
try to avoid it like the plague, but whenever
they turn their hand to an RPG or and Adventure
title, even a platformer, they seem to do OK.

Isn't it about time that they got the message from
the UK that American Football just isn't our cup of
tea and could they please stick to more mainstream
titles? FIFA is ok, but not several FIFA's.

So, please, EA, try something else for a change.
Tue 26/12/00 at 22:32
EA used to provide great games, but they HAVE been outshone by the likes of Sega Sports' Virtua Tennis, NBA 2K1, NFL 2K1 and Konami's ISS.

But they will always churn out Fifa this and Fifa that until they realise that gamers just aren't fooling for the same old game each time. I was appalled by Fifa 2001 on the PS2, couldn't believe how slow the game was!!

Oh well!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.