GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AAF – Anthology"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/12/02 at 23:07
Regular
AAF – Anthology.

Just thought i'd write a little review on this album. Dunno if im supposed to or what, but im gonna anyway.

Alien Ant Farm are not really recognised around the world quite yet. Say “Movies” or “Smooth Criminal” and you have people thinking of Alien Ant Farm. Yet, say “Calico” or “Death Day” and people will shrug at you and more than likely hit you with some kind of blunt object.

Having bought this album from the success of Movies and Smooth Criminal, I wasn’t expecting fireworks, just a pleasing album to listen to now and again.

How wrong I was.

This album is superb. However to appreciate it fully you must listen to the whole album completely at least 3 times. Maybe they should include some sort of rule book with it..

Rule Number 1) Listen to this album at least 3 times without skipping a track
Rule Number 2) Listen to this album at a loud volume
Rule Number 3) After this album has brought a massive grin on your face, go brag about it to all your mates.

I don’t really know much about music (Compared to most people) all I know is that if a track can take me all over the world and back without me actually moving a muscle, then I know its good and worth keeping. See I'm a hardcore trance/electronic fan myself. So I'm usually used to euphoric basslines and melodic parts that keep you just about standing, only in anticipation to listen to dance to the next part.

Yet I have an open mind about music, opening my arms to any genre and I will listen to it. If its good I’ll keep it. Its it’s not, then I wont. Quite simple theory really :o)

This is not a sad album, urging teenagers to go and kill their parents or commit suicide. No none of that. I like to call it “Thinky Music” because some tracks make me think and really suit my mood. Then others are just really quite darn nice and I just have to headbang.

Wont bore you with anything else.

At least listen to these boys, they know what their on abooout.

GasMask
Mon 14/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
I got it last year sometime its pretty good they should be releasing a new album soon as Anthology's been out for quite a while.
Sun 13/04/03 at 21:23
Regular
"I'm Great."
I got this album and yes it is pretty good. Got some good points and there are a few highlights. Nice mood changes through-out aswell. Quite like it. One of the few albums I can play in work too. (If we ever got it in)
Mon 23/12/02 at 23:07
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
AAF – Anthology.

Just thought i'd write a little review on this album. Dunno if im supposed to or what, but im gonna anyway.

Alien Ant Farm are not really recognised around the world quite yet. Say “Movies” or “Smooth Criminal” and you have people thinking of Alien Ant Farm. Yet, say “Calico” or “Death Day” and people will shrug at you and more than likely hit you with some kind of blunt object.

Having bought this album from the success of Movies and Smooth Criminal, I wasn’t expecting fireworks, just a pleasing album to listen to now and again.

How wrong I was.

This album is superb. However to appreciate it fully you must listen to the whole album completely at least 3 times. Maybe they should include some sort of rule book with it..

Rule Number 1) Listen to this album at least 3 times without skipping a track
Rule Number 2) Listen to this album at a loud volume
Rule Number 3) After this album has brought a massive grin on your face, go brag about it to all your mates.

I don’t really know much about music (Compared to most people) all I know is that if a track can take me all over the world and back without me actually moving a muscle, then I know its good and worth keeping. See I'm a hardcore trance/electronic fan myself. So I'm usually used to euphoric basslines and melodic parts that keep you just about standing, only in anticipation to listen to dance to the next part.

Yet I have an open mind about music, opening my arms to any genre and I will listen to it. If its good I’ll keep it. Its it’s not, then I wont. Quite simple theory really :o)

This is not a sad album, urging teenagers to go and kill their parents or commit suicide. No none of that. I like to call it “Thinky Music” because some tracks make me think and really suit my mood. Then others are just really quite darn nice and I just have to headbang.

Wont bore you with anything else.

At least listen to these boys, they know what their on abooout.

GasMask

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.