GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Urgh...RAW's beg for mercy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/12/02 at 10:56
Regular
Okay, it usually takes something big to spark off a big rant from me, but this has gone and I've lost it...TRIPLE H CELEBRATION CEREMONY??!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!!!! This is stuff jokes are made of, kids...devoting my main event to celebrating Triple H, a man who is choking me, Raw, to death! How blind can Vinny Mac be, I ask ya?!

Let's take you back to sometime in early September (the 2nd, I think)...there's a bit of a dilemma in that Brock signs exclusively with my mortal enemy, SmackDown!, with the 'Undisputed' Championship. Eric Bischoff decides to introduce a new, Raw-only title, the World championship. Fine, a bit of a waste of an Undisputed title angle that began a mere 8 months or so ago, but that's not a problem. There could be a title match that night, between two unrecognised people so far, such as Booker T and Kane...there could even be a tournament for the title, climaxing at the next PPV. There were so many options presented to Vince, but then...HE JUST GIVES IT TO TRIPLE H??!! NO MATCH??!!! NO NOTHING!! Triple H gets the title without even having to fight for it?! Oh yeah, Vince, that'll give the new title a lot of respectability, won't it?

Now I'll fast forward to Survivor Series...the Elimination Chamber. Possibly the best chance Vince has had so far to let HHH to hand over the title to one of the new generation, like Booker T, Kane or even RVD. Hell, Jericho could've won it and I'd have been happy! It all looked so promising...RVD Five-Star Frog Splashes HHH from the top of one of those cells, but then it becomes apparent that Trips has a crushed trachea, or something. I hate to say this about another human being, but that could have saved Triple H's title reign. Sure, he later lost it to Shawn Michaels, but that was the only person Triple H was going to give it to. Why? You all know why! Not because Shawn and 'Jean-Paul' are/were best-friends, that has nothing to do with it. No, Trips gave it to Shawn because he knew that Shawn would have to give it back in a rematch, becuase Shawn only had a few matches left in him, and Triple H had apparently done his best to put Shawn over with the fans. Now, I may be being pedantic here, but, wouldn't a true living legend, who did so much for the company (even during it's lean spell) ALREADY be over with the fans? The roars of cheering from the fans anytime 'Sexy Boy' hits is pretty much a clear signal that Shawn's already one of the most popular people on the Raw roster, at least with those Yanks in the arena.

I say that Triple H 'gave' the title to Shawn. You Marks out there may think that I mean that Triple H lost to Shawn, or even that HHH was told to lose it to Shawn. There's no telling Triple H anything, guys and/or gals! Triple H has worked his way to the top not by wrestling ability, or even a good entertainer (which he was a looooong while back), but becuase of a certain type of relationship with Stephanie. You know, the typical boy meets boss's daughter, boy gets promotion, boy gets promotion, boy gets promotion and so on and so forth. They're still together, folks, it's just a story that they're divorced! Through this 'special' relationship with Stephanie, Triple H has virtually been granted free reign over what course his character takes, how long he gets to keep the title and such. It'll only be a little while before Vinny starts to pay Trips for writing all his storylines himself. All you HHH fans: YOU KNOW IT'S ALL TRUE!

I'm no vampire, but I need frsh blood on my programme! I need the likes of RVD to be pushed to the very highest point (hopefully with Shawn Michaels on the mike). Booker T needs to be feuding with the top people, with Goldust in the wings. Jericho has to ditch Christian, and go for the title! But these aren't the only ones - Kane, Scott Steiner (although I fear another HHH saga with him), Stone Cold, hell, just throw in Jeff Hardy and hope for the best! Get a new team of writers for me, they couldn't write a half-decent episode of Hollyoaks, and don't give Triple H any power backstage. I need new talent, get me some ex-ECW wrestlers like Steve Corino and Sabu, get Rhyno back soon, put him on my show, that's what we need to boost my ratings! And for God's sake, do it soon!

From your old pal,
Raw.
Sat 21/12/02 at 10:56
Regular
"bWo > You"
Okay, it usually takes something big to spark off a big rant from me, but this has gone and I've lost it...TRIPLE H CELEBRATION CEREMONY??!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!!!! This is stuff jokes are made of, kids...devoting my main event to celebrating Triple H, a man who is choking me, Raw, to death! How blind can Vinny Mac be, I ask ya?!

Let's take you back to sometime in early September (the 2nd, I think)...there's a bit of a dilemma in that Brock signs exclusively with my mortal enemy, SmackDown!, with the 'Undisputed' Championship. Eric Bischoff decides to introduce a new, Raw-only title, the World championship. Fine, a bit of a waste of an Undisputed title angle that began a mere 8 months or so ago, but that's not a problem. There could be a title match that night, between two unrecognised people so far, such as Booker T and Kane...there could even be a tournament for the title, climaxing at the next PPV. There were so many options presented to Vince, but then...HE JUST GIVES IT TO TRIPLE H??!! NO MATCH??!!! NO NOTHING!! Triple H gets the title without even having to fight for it?! Oh yeah, Vince, that'll give the new title a lot of respectability, won't it?

Now I'll fast forward to Survivor Series...the Elimination Chamber. Possibly the best chance Vince has had so far to let HHH to hand over the title to one of the new generation, like Booker T, Kane or even RVD. Hell, Jericho could've won it and I'd have been happy! It all looked so promising...RVD Five-Star Frog Splashes HHH from the top of one of those cells, but then it becomes apparent that Trips has a crushed trachea, or something. I hate to say this about another human being, but that could have saved Triple H's title reign. Sure, he later lost it to Shawn Michaels, but that was the only person Triple H was going to give it to. Why? You all know why! Not because Shawn and 'Jean-Paul' are/were best-friends, that has nothing to do with it. No, Trips gave it to Shawn because he knew that Shawn would have to give it back in a rematch, becuase Shawn only had a few matches left in him, and Triple H had apparently done his best to put Shawn over with the fans. Now, I may be being pedantic here, but, wouldn't a true living legend, who did so much for the company (even during it's lean spell) ALREADY be over with the fans? The roars of cheering from the fans anytime 'Sexy Boy' hits is pretty much a clear signal that Shawn's already one of the most popular people on the Raw roster, at least with those Yanks in the arena.

I say that Triple H 'gave' the title to Shawn. You Marks out there may think that I mean that Triple H lost to Shawn, or even that HHH was told to lose it to Shawn. There's no telling Triple H anything, guys and/or gals! Triple H has worked his way to the top not by wrestling ability, or even a good entertainer (which he was a looooong while back), but becuase of a certain type of relationship with Stephanie. You know, the typical boy meets boss's daughter, boy gets promotion, boy gets promotion, boy gets promotion and so on and so forth. They're still together, folks, it's just a story that they're divorced! Through this 'special' relationship with Stephanie, Triple H has virtually been granted free reign over what course his character takes, how long he gets to keep the title and such. It'll only be a little while before Vinny starts to pay Trips for writing all his storylines himself. All you HHH fans: YOU KNOW IT'S ALL TRUE!

I'm no vampire, but I need frsh blood on my programme! I need the likes of RVD to be pushed to the very highest point (hopefully with Shawn Michaels on the mike). Booker T needs to be feuding with the top people, with Goldust in the wings. Jericho has to ditch Christian, and go for the title! But these aren't the only ones - Kane, Scott Steiner (although I fear another HHH saga with him), Stone Cold, hell, just throw in Jeff Hardy and hope for the best! Get a new team of writers for me, they couldn't write a half-decent episode of Hollyoaks, and don't give Triple H any power backstage. I need new talent, get me some ex-ECW wrestlers like Steve Corino and Sabu, get Rhyno back soon, put him on my show, that's what we need to boost my ratings! And for God's sake, do it soon!

From your old pal,
Raw.
Sat 21/12/02 at 11:02
Regular
I agree with your points there and it does indeed look like we are in for some more...*yawn* Triple H bashing.
Sat 21/12/02 at 12:22
Regular
"I like cheese"
Humm...I think HHH vs Steiner could be quite good, and apart from the Appreciation Ceremony I enjoyed RAW last night...

BUT, I agree. Jericho, Booker Christian and Goldust - the audience love them (or love to have them), but they're still being used at the start of PPVs and even RAW, and while HHH/Steiner/Bischoff get loads of backstage scenes, Jericho et al will probably only get one - usually the best of te night.

I still think the Split is extremely unfair though.
Sat 21/12/02 at 12:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've been bashing HHH for months and I'll continue to bash HHH, unless he actually does something good. The Steiner/HHH segment at the end of Raw was the perfect cure for insomnia.
Sat 21/12/02 at 12:31
Regular
News just in...Triple H has finally got his tongue out of Eric's asss. The incident happened yesterday, when The Game was sucking up to the RAW GM.
Sat 21/12/02 at 12:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I totally agree with this post.

RAW isn't being done any favours by being dominated by Triple H - sure, loads of people find him a great guy to watch, but he can't keep dominating the WWE constantly, or many people, like a few of us here, are just going to get bored and completely forget about RAW altogether.

I don't watch RAW any more, because the wrestlers I enjoy watching get treated like crap. RVD, Booker, and hell, even Jericho (I'm not a fan, but he's got talent) - they all deserve the title a lot more than Triple H at this moment, and it sucks that he'll now probably hold it beyond Wrestlemania.

SmackDown is a lot better, with wrestlers such as Angle, Edge, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brock Lesnar on the show - RAW looks pitiful compared to it.

I hate to say this, but I'll probably never watch a RAW show again... unless they sort it out. Soon.
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
"..."
Let's be honest...if any other wrestler refused to lose matches as often as HHH does, they'd have been sacked a loooooong time ago.
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
LL Cool TT wrote:
> Quite sad about yourdeparture from Raw, though, Ant.

You must mean AfroJoe, I usually like RAW. :D
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:21
Regular
"..."
Ant wrote:

> I still think the Split is extremely unfair though.

The split could have wroked well though. But Stephanie sucks as a head writer and Jim Ross sucks as a head booker. Much better on Smackdown...Heyman is a genius!
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> The split could have wroked well though. But Stephanie sucks as a head
> writer and Jim Ross sucks as a head booker. Much better on
> Smackdown...Heyman is a genius!

Heh, I just said that about Heyman on another topic. :D

But think about it, Smackdown gets all the Cruiserweights and RAW gets the women.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.