GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Russel Brand and Jonathan Ross be fired?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/08 at 12:39
Regular
Ofcom to launch BBC Brand inquiry

I'm sure you've heard about this one. So is an apology enough, or should someone lose their job? Or maybe it's the editors fault for letting it air (three times!) when it should have been cut.

What are your thoughts?
Fri 31/10/08 at 19:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Comrade Alfonse wrote:
> The grandaughter isn't exactly without blame though, she seems
> like a bit of a slapper.

:)
My favourite quote of the week comes from the Metro who know how to make someone look stupid without losing your job.

" "I'm pleased they've been punished for what they've done. They could have done some considerable damage to my reputation" said the Satanic S***s dancer "
Fri 31/10/08 at 19:01
Regular
The grandaughter isn't exactly without blame though, she seems like a bit of a slapper.
Fri 31/10/08 at 18:22
Regular
"Mooching around"
Glad Brand's getting slapped, I hate him, but it's the long term effects that are bad about this. More caution in our comedy is rarely ever a good thing.
Fri 31/10/08 at 17:33
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
I think it's a bit of stupid thing to do anyway. I'm sad Brand has resigned...but I'm sure there's better stuff for him than the BBC???
Fri 31/10/08 at 08:41
"possibly impossible"
I expect it will be, with the Radio 2 controller quitting as well.

Punishment sounds quite fair to me.
Thu 30/10/08 at 20:56
Regular
Ross suspended for three months

Russell Brand quit his job and now has to make do with hollywood movies from now on. The poor bloke.

And now Jonathan Ross has been suspended from all his shows for 12 weeks without pay. At the moment he gets about £16,000 a day so this suspension will cost him over £1 milllion.

So is this the end of it now?
Wed 29/10/08 at 19:38
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> ...In case you've forgotten the BBC is funded by money that
> politicians give them....
>
>
> I always thought it was the licence payers money :¬P

It is! Ridiculous. Rarely watch anything on the BBC. Only thing I do watch is BBC3 - which for some reason is only on from 7pm...maybe with the news that two of th beeb's biggest earners may not be earing as much, they might even be able to afford a decent blue screen to show the weather forecasts...

As for Brand resigning, sad really. He's famous for sailing close to the line and because he touched that line...he's been ridiculed for it. Don't really agree with what he does, but that makes him him!
Wed 29/10/08 at 17:59
Regular
You guys got your wish, Russell Brand has resigned from BBC Radio.
Wed 29/10/08 at 15:36
"Are you sure?"
Garin wrote:
> ...In case you've forgotten the BBC is funded by money that
> politicians give them....

I always thought it was the licence payers money :¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 29/10/08 at 15:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> I just think it would have been better if politicians didn't get
> involved as I believe it'll affect the investigations into the
> show. Now OFCOM will feel pressured into making an example out of
> Ross and Brand because it's such a high profile case. It doesn't
> exactly make it fair for the broadcasters who's side of the story
> will be overwhelmed by people complaining because they know high
> profile politicians are having their say.

OFCOM is investigating the BBC, not the 2 individuals. Anything that happens to them is down to the BBC. All OFCOM can do is fine the BBC for breaching the broadcasting standards code.

And sorry but the idea that politicians should keep quiet is silly and nobody would accept them refusing to speak on the matter. In case you've forgotten the BBC is funded by money that politicians give them. I bet politicians would love not having to comment on the behaviour/mistakes of public organisations they back though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.