GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Regarding CSS ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/12/02 at 00:15
Regular
Could someone have a look at:

http://www.aowl45.dsl.pipex.com/GTA

In Internet Explorer 6, it appears fine, but in Netscape 7, it doesn't.

I thought that CSS was compatible in Netscape 7 ... was I incorrect???

Thanks
Sat 21/12/02 at 00:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Could someone have a look at:

http://www.aowl45.dsl.pipex.com/GTA

In Internet Explorer 6, it appears fine, but in Netscape 7, it doesn't.

I thought that CSS was compatible in Netscape 7 ... was I incorrect???

Thanks
Sat 21/12/02 at 11:18
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It works on my browser: IE 5.5

I'm not sure about the other browsers though. Perhaps the problem is something really simple, like when you helped me with my CSS on NEtwise, because the text was black. Try looking over it and see if you missed out a word or something.
Sat 21/12/02 at 11:26
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's probably just a glitch with a host, I guess he's tried it out on all browsers, IE6.0 and Mozila 1.2.1 are fine...that doesn't answer your question though.
Tyla was saying in another post that NS and IE use different code, same with body margins
NS { marginwidth=0
IE { leftmargin=0 & rightmargin=0
(you have to use both for it to work with both browsers)
my point being, you may have written the CSS code for IE / Moz to work but NS may use a different code, might be worth looking it up if you havn't already and seeing if your current CSS is good enough for NS.

:/
Sat 21/12/02 at 14:05
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Fog wrote:
> i've seen it on big PC Shopping sites. /index.html?=Home

Oh, no, that's nothing at the moment. The overall outcome is going to be just one index.php page, with the ?Sub=Home used as a pointer to include the relevent .inc file to the main page.

But as for the CSS, here is the file for it:

http://www.aowl45.dsl.pipex.com/ (SPACE) GTA/Style_Sheet.css

... it appears as standard CSS code, which I thought would work in Netscape as well, but obviously not so. If you have a look at the CSS file, does any of it look incorrect??? As I can't see anything I've done wrong.
Sat 21/12/02 at 17:55
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, I did all the links like they were intended, so it's up at

http://www.haignet.co.uk/ViceCity/

although, not anywhere near finished.

Now, strange thing is, if you have a look. The Text where it says 'HOME PAGE' and 'Text goes here', (as well as all the other headings once you click on the links) are placed correctly, but the links still don't possition themselves in Netscape.

Any ideas??
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
P.Main_Top { position: absolute; top: 100px; left: 180px; }
P.Main_Left { position: absolute; top: 100px; left: 180px; }
P.Main_Right { position: absolute; top: 100px; left: 780px; }
P.Main_Bottom { position: absolute; top: 442px; left: 180px; }

Invalid mark up, you are not allowed to use UpperCase for redefining html tags, so you need to change your "P.Main..." to p.Main..." you also not allowed to use underscores in class names in CSS, NS7 is strict in CSS compliancy so if it doesn't work in NS7 you have done something wrong!

That should fix all your problems...
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, I changed the P. to p. and removed the underscores, but it hasn't made a difference to the Netscape version.

The Links arn't positioning themselves between the boxes, like the should, and do so in Exporer. I have changed the the A. to a. as well, just as you said Upcase is incorrect, but they still get chucked to the bottom of the page?

Is incorrect??? Should I declaire it some other way?
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:46
Sat 21/12/02 at 21:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Ahh, thats better, thanks.

But, with regards to number. Do you mean they can't be used at all, or just on their own?

i.e. would be valed??
Sat 21/12/02 at 21:15

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.