GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fable 2"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable II'.
Tue 28/10/08 at 08:52
Regular
"THFC"
So i finally got this game under way last night, sorted out some things then sat down and switched focus over to the Xbox for about 5 hours!

Have to say i am impressed with the game, the graphics are not the best you will see on Xbox but then i think they look good enough to be consider a nice looking game, the loading times can take a little bit of time but then i have found that the areas are of a decent size so unless you sprint right through from point A to point B you probably won't mind the loading.

For those of you who are unsure about what this is all about and what kind of thing you can expect in Fable 2 - then here is a little review. **Will have minor spoilers!**

You start off as a poor little boy or girl with your sister, while you struggle to eat and keep warm you both dream about living in the safety and comforts of the Castle. You take control of your character within minutes, to which you will follow your sister to a travelling salesman selling "magical" goods from around the world. A certain item takes your notice and a strange woman suggests you should purchase it, here is your first quest! Go and find 5 gold coins by helping people around the Town, each time you find a person willing to part with some money you have the option of being good or bad, e.g. you have to help a man clear the beetles from his warehouse, but he owes some money and you can choose to destroy all his stock instead. Things like this will make you good, evil, pure or bad. This will in turn shape the way you look and how people react to you. Also an important note here is that one of the mini quests you do is to protect a puppy from being hurt by a child bully (important for later, trust me)

Once you have found 5 gold coins and get the magic box you want, you do as the salesman says and try to make a wish over it, things go wrong, the box disappears, but that night you get awoken by the castle guards and you get to go to the castle, just like you wished for! When inside you meet the prince and he asks you to stand on a magical old stone, after a scene of some glowing lights and a baffled prince, he mumbles something about not being one of the 3 heroes, but being the 4th, **minor spoiler here** - he then shoots your sister, killing her and shoots you, sending you out of the window and into the street for dead.

Picked up by the strange woman you met before, you are taken away and healed up, then a time skip comes into place and you take control of you as a young man / woman. With the trusty dog you once saved by your side, you set out on your quest for revenge on your sister!

So that is how the game starts, and things get a whole lot deeper from there, in the next few hours you will find yourself getting jobs, slaying enemies, becoming stronger and making decisions that will shape who you are and what kind of hero you will become. You can purchase any property / shop and make money from this. You can buy new clothes, get tattoos or go on treasure hunts, the possibilities are seemingly endless and the areas are huge with a lot to discover. I have been playing for a while and I imagine I am only at the tip of the iceberg – but I am really enjoying what I have played so far.

A nice point to the game is the co-op play, I managed to meet up with a friend online and he joined in my game very effortlessly and we beating up monsters in no time, while I am not far enough to have a wife or kids yet, there is an option which some of you will enjoy that mean if you enter another person’s game – you can slay their family or other people in the world of Albion!

So things are looking good for this game in my opinion, the story will be a cliché one but an enjoyable experience, the interactions with any person in the game and your dog companion make each town you go into a new experience and one you will keep enjoying. All the shops and houses you can buy will mean you work harder to earn the money. There are some many things I could talk about but I just feel if I do no one will bother to read on!

To kind of summarise my Fable 2 experience so far – you take control of a person, you get to shape his life style and appearance, you learn new skills and become stronger and more powerful, both in muscles and property. The story should have enough to keep people going along if they find time to besides working and side quests. Your dog will get stronger and learn tricks, you can fall in love and have a family and you can do a whole lot more!

If any of this has sparked your interest then you really need to consider getting this game, I am enjoying it so much and will be back on there at 5:00 tonight to play a lot more! I know some of the users in here will really enjoy this game while others would probably enjoy watching Mamma Mia with their girlfriend’s mum more as it takes certain people to appreciate the games features and depth of game play, it is not always action so it is not for everyone.

I can’t help but feel this game is only going to get better as I get further into it and I think with more friend splaying it, it could become even more enjoyable by trading items and weapons etc etc.

But I think that is enough out of me for a day – so I will only suggest you get it if it sounds remotely like your kind of game. Hope this helps and you didn’t get too lost in this topic lol. was a rather long post!
My rating so far – 9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 28/10/08 at 08:52
Regular
"THFC"
So i finally got this game under way last night, sorted out some things then sat down and switched focus over to the Xbox for about 5 hours!

Have to say i am impressed with the game, the graphics are not the best you will see on Xbox but then i think they look good enough to be consider a nice looking game, the loading times can take a little bit of time but then i have found that the areas are of a decent size so unless you sprint right through from point A to point B you probably won't mind the loading.

For those of you who are unsure about what this is all about and what kind of thing you can expect in Fable 2 - then here is a little review. **Will have minor spoilers!**

You start off as a poor little boy or girl with your sister, while you struggle to eat and keep warm you both dream about living in the safety and comforts of the Castle. You take control of your character within minutes, to which you will follow your sister to a travelling salesman selling "magical" goods from around the world. A certain item takes your notice and a strange woman suggests you should purchase it, here is your first quest! Go and find 5 gold coins by helping people around the Town, each time you find a person willing to part with some money you have the option of being good or bad, e.g. you have to help a man clear the beetles from his warehouse, but he owes some money and you can choose to destroy all his stock instead. Things like this will make you good, evil, pure or bad. This will in turn shape the way you look and how people react to you. Also an important note here is that one of the mini quests you do is to protect a puppy from being hurt by a child bully (important for later, trust me)

Once you have found 5 gold coins and get the magic box you want, you do as the salesman says and try to make a wish over it, things go wrong, the box disappears, but that night you get awoken by the castle guards and you get to go to the castle, just like you wished for! When inside you meet the prince and he asks you to stand on a magical old stone, after a scene of some glowing lights and a baffled prince, he mumbles something about not being one of the 3 heroes, but being the 4th, **minor spoiler here** - he then shoots your sister, killing her and shoots you, sending you out of the window and into the street for dead.

Picked up by the strange woman you met before, you are taken away and healed up, then a time skip comes into place and you take control of you as a young man / woman. With the trusty dog you once saved by your side, you set out on your quest for revenge on your sister!

So that is how the game starts, and things get a whole lot deeper from there, in the next few hours you will find yourself getting jobs, slaying enemies, becoming stronger and making decisions that will shape who you are and what kind of hero you will become. You can purchase any property / shop and make money from this. You can buy new clothes, get tattoos or go on treasure hunts, the possibilities are seemingly endless and the areas are huge with a lot to discover. I have been playing for a while and I imagine I am only at the tip of the iceberg – but I am really enjoying what I have played so far.

A nice point to the game is the co-op play, I managed to meet up with a friend online and he joined in my game very effortlessly and we beating up monsters in no time, while I am not far enough to have a wife or kids yet, there is an option which some of you will enjoy that mean if you enter another person’s game – you can slay their family or other people in the world of Albion!

So things are looking good for this game in my opinion, the story will be a cliché one but an enjoyable experience, the interactions with any person in the game and your dog companion make each town you go into a new experience and one you will keep enjoying. All the shops and houses you can buy will mean you work harder to earn the money. There are some many things I could talk about but I just feel if I do no one will bother to read on!

To kind of summarise my Fable 2 experience so far – you take control of a person, you get to shape his life style and appearance, you learn new skills and become stronger and more powerful, both in muscles and property. The story should have enough to keep people going along if they find time to besides working and side quests. Your dog will get stronger and learn tricks, you can fall in love and have a family and you can do a whole lot more!

If any of this has sparked your interest then you really need to consider getting this game, I am enjoying it so much and will be back on there at 5:00 tonight to play a lot more! I know some of the users in here will really enjoy this game while others would probably enjoy watching Mamma Mia with their girlfriend’s mum more as it takes certain people to appreciate the games features and depth of game play, it is not always action so it is not for everyone.

I can’t help but feel this game is only going to get better as I get further into it and I think with more friend splaying it, it could become even more enjoyable by trading items and weapons etc etc.

But I think that is enough out of me for a day – so I will only suggest you get it if it sounds remotely like your kind of game. Hope this helps and you didn’t get too lost in this topic lol. was a rather long post!
My rating so far – 9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.