GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What happened to Stone Cold Steve Austin?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 20:53
Regular
He basically walked out on the WWE, and they fired him in return.

Rumour has it he'll be back soon though...

THQ didn't want to remove him from the game, however.
Fri 20/12/02 at 20:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
He basically walked out on the WWE, and they fired him in return.

Rumour has it he'll be back soon though...

THQ didn't want to remove him from the game, however.
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I - hate / have always hated / will always hate - Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I couldn't care what he - does / has done / will do - in his life.

:-D
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Hmmm....."
He left WWE because he wasnt getting his way.

THQ had the rights to put him in the game and so they did.
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:20
Regular
I think/I thought/I know that AJ hates Austin!
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Austin walked out on WWE because of the creative direction his character was getting. There was also rumours that Austin found out that Vince had asked Brock Lesnar to rough up Austin during his match to show who is boss.

Austin's return is pretty much guarenteed and there is talk of him entering the Rumble.
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
DW wrote:
> I think/I thought/I know that AJ hates Austin!

---

:-D / :> / :D
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:09
Regular
Ant wrote:

> THQ didn't want to remove him from the game, however.

they didn't remove him because it would ruin the storyline on smackdown shut your mouth because it was set be4 he left
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
demonhead wrote:
> they didn't remove him because it would ruin the storyline on
> smackdown shut your mouth because it was set be4 he left

---

Surprisingly enough, I've hardly seen anything of Stone Cold in my Career Mode, and I've completed it, and am onto a second season.

He shouted 'WHAT!' at me twice, and I faced him once, but that is all.
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:37
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> demonhead wrote:
> they didn't remove him because it would ruin the storyline on
> smackdown shut your mouth because it was set be4 he left
>
> ---
>
> Surprisingly enough, I've hardly seen anything of Stone Cold in my
> Career Mode, and I've completed it, and am onto a second season.
>
> He shouted 'WHAT!' at me twice, and I faced him once, but that is all.

no i mean at the start when hes a free agent and stuns either ric flair or vince macmahan
Sat 21/12/02 at 10:15
Regular
"bWo > You"
Fact of the matter is that he left because he was sick of the writing quality (obviously, who wouldn't be annoyed be people who tell you to urinate on some guy who can't use his right arm), he had to job for Lesnar on the next Raw, and was generally sick of everything. Can't really blame him on these points, but...

After he was 'taken off the active roster' (to you and me: fired) it was alleged that he was beating his wife, Debra. This meant that his return could not have been any sooner than it may be now. He probably will return, as the WWE needs his unpredictability to boost their flagging ratings in the US, but as soon as the Rumble...I don't know...

Finally, THQ had bought the rights to the WWE franchise long before this mess occurred, with options to update it regularly, and so still had the rights to Austin. Now, in the eyes of many, Austin is a legend, and so if they had the option to use him, why not? Also, the story mode wouldn't have been too badly changed, just chuck in another superstar, something like that.

Hope that clears everything up for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.