GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's to blame? O'Leary or Venables"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/12/02 at 08:46
Regular
I am a huge Leeds fan, even though O'Leary was a manager at Leeds, I think its his fault. Why? u ask me. He spent around £100,000 on rubbish players. What do u think?
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:18
"Super Diamonds"
Foreman wrote:
> There's a Leeds fan up where I work, and he reckons that it is
> Ridsdales fault, because Leeds were a few million in debt and then
> went and bought Fowler behind O'Learys back, making them even more in
> debt.
>
> O'Leary was a great manager at Leeds and he made them a top 5 team in
> the Premiership, buying some good, young, quality players.

I agree with the Leeds fan
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
There's a Leeds fan up where I work, and he reckons that it is Ridsdales fault, because Leeds were a few million in debt and then went and bought Fowler behind O'Learys back, making them even more in debt.

O'Leary was a great manager at Leeds and he made them a top 5 team in the Premiership, buying some good, young, quality players.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Notable"
barmby? barmby?
*laughs*
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:07
"Super Diamonds"
Malcior wrote:
> EL Tel was stupid to buy okon and Barmby
Maybe Okon BUT NOT Barmby
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:39
Regular
"Notable"
EL Tel was stupid to buy okon and Barmby
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:32
"I hate that!!!"
I reckon' it's venable's fault.
The players just aren't motivated enough, maybe a bonus for goals scored would go down well
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I don't support Leeds but I have a general view on most things in football, and I know a few leeds fans being form the north. When he sold Keane and Rio, I don't think there is anything a manager or a chairman can do if they are voted out by the shareholders of the club, Leeds are in debt, the only way to solve this is Sell players or win things and leeds are at the point where they have spent so much and not won anything to cover their debts, the only thing that can be done is to cash in players and get some good bargin buys and blend them in with Youth and - start to build a team again. People like Bowyer, Woodgate, don't help with silly night club incidents and Dacourts comments unsettles the team, they should be all getting together and working hard to get out of the hole they are in rather comment on the teams ability. Everyone loses form over the course of a season and its how you find your form again that makes you challenge for honours - thats what Leeds and also Liverpool need to do.
Tue 17/12/02 at 12:28
"Super Diamonds"
I meant £100,000,000. I agree with u but he did sell Ferdinand AND Keane and Leeds are still in debt. It is not Venables' fault but Risdales fault. Do u support Leeds?
Tue 17/12/02 at 08:55
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
£100,000? - I think you'll find he spent millions rather than thousands.

O'Leary was a good manager with a good young team built for the future and he was up there challenging for Champions league honours and in my opinion he was uneccessarily sacked and now venables comes a board and has not got the best out of his players as yet, he needs to be given some time - trim the squad, get rid of rif raf like Bowyer, Batty, Dacourt and bring in some fresh faces, people who want to play for the team rather than be a liability to the team on and off the pitch, however you cant go out and replace them with the likes of Barmby and Okon because that's just making things worse.
Tue 17/12/02 at 08:46
"Super Diamonds"
I am a huge Leeds fan, even though O'Leary was a manager at Leeds, I think its his fault. Why? u ask me. He spent around £100,000 on rubbish players. What do u think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.