GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandprix's Armageddon Thoughts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 14:12
Regular
(Note that I'm am basing all my thoughts on what I have read about Armageddon as there was no way I was going to buy it.)

Okay, so the build-up to this PPV wasn't great and the matches on the card failed to inspire. Here is a few of my thoughts:

The tag match that kicked off Armageddon was good. Regal and Storm didn't really stand a chance as they weren't really built up as contenders. The thought rushing through my head before the PPV was that it would be The Chrisses and The Dudleys in the final two because from what I had gathered from Raw is that they were pushing these two teams. I reasoned out that the Goldust/Booker segment on Raw would lead to a Goldust turn. It didn't happen and I think BookDust winning the titles was a good change.

Edge V A-Train was always going to be a disaster and they didn't want to hurt either person by making them lose. The cop out DQ was the only way to acheive this so the match was essentially pointless.

Next was the guaranteed match of the night. It certainly didn't disappoint. Exceptional technical wrestling and it was certainly the show stealer... BUT! From the reports I read, the crowd were shouting boring because of the style of wrestling. That is totally unacceptable. So, the match didn't have much high-flying in it but saying that the match was boring is totally wrong. This is what I hate about fans. To be honest, I don't think fans actually know what they want.

Torrie Wilson/Dawn Marie was a waste of time. This is supposed to be wrestling, not a blooming soap opera.

Kane V Batista. If they want to a new star, at least make sure he is able to put in a decent match. Batista did NOTHING to show that he is a star of the future. Flair's interference was lame and Kane could do nothing to make Batista look good. The fact that Batista won was bad enough for me.

Cena and B2 bore the crowd with a pointless segment.

The women's title was awful. Blown spots everywhere and not a friend in site. To make women's wrestling more popular, they have to be more fluent in your delivery. Women's wrestling has NEVER looked fluent and looks very disjointed. If someone can give me an instance of a fluent, exceptional women's match, by all means show me it.

Big Show V Kurt Angle shocked me a little. The Big Show didn't make a viewer friendly champion with his lumbering style but Kurt Angle is a wrestling genius. He is wrestler of the year in my opinion. Giving him the title was the best thing you can do because he is on form. Another plus is that giving the title to Angle means the Big Show V Brock rematch won't be for the title. That's if they have a rematch at all. I was expecting the rematch to be for the title but the title on Angle is great thing.

Be prepared for more HHH bashing. The fact that HHH had strapping on his GOOD quad makes this match all the more a joke. Shawn tried his best but HHH was always going to win this match and it just didn't interest me. The first fall was too long leaving a limited amount of time for the other falls. Also, two out of three falls just means that it will go to a third fall. To give the stipualtion more creditibilty, make someone win in two falls. Apparently the ladder part of the match lasted 4 minutes when it really should have been the longest.

So, HHH gets his 'beloved' gold back meaning we will have to endure another borefest of a title reign. The fact that the crowd were actually into that match makes me all the more worried for the future. At least we have the potential of a Benoit V Angle title match where they pull out all the stops.

Smackdown wins hands down in my opinion.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
(Note that I'm am basing all my thoughts on what I have read about Armageddon as there was no way I was going to buy it.)

Okay, so the build-up to this PPV wasn't great and the matches on the card failed to inspire. Here is a few of my thoughts:

The tag match that kicked off Armageddon was good. Regal and Storm didn't really stand a chance as they weren't really built up as contenders. The thought rushing through my head before the PPV was that it would be The Chrisses and The Dudleys in the final two because from what I had gathered from Raw is that they were pushing these two teams. I reasoned out that the Goldust/Booker segment on Raw would lead to a Goldust turn. It didn't happen and I think BookDust winning the titles was a good change.

Edge V A-Train was always going to be a disaster and they didn't want to hurt either person by making them lose. The cop out DQ was the only way to acheive this so the match was essentially pointless.

Next was the guaranteed match of the night. It certainly didn't disappoint. Exceptional technical wrestling and it was certainly the show stealer... BUT! From the reports I read, the crowd were shouting boring because of the style of wrestling. That is totally unacceptable. So, the match didn't have much high-flying in it but saying that the match was boring is totally wrong. This is what I hate about fans. To be honest, I don't think fans actually know what they want.

Torrie Wilson/Dawn Marie was a waste of time. This is supposed to be wrestling, not a blooming soap opera.

Kane V Batista. If they want to a new star, at least make sure he is able to put in a decent match. Batista did NOTHING to show that he is a star of the future. Flair's interference was lame and Kane could do nothing to make Batista look good. The fact that Batista won was bad enough for me.

Cena and B2 bore the crowd with a pointless segment.

The women's title was awful. Blown spots everywhere and not a friend in site. To make women's wrestling more popular, they have to be more fluent in your delivery. Women's wrestling has NEVER looked fluent and looks very disjointed. If someone can give me an instance of a fluent, exceptional women's match, by all means show me it.

Big Show V Kurt Angle shocked me a little. The Big Show didn't make a viewer friendly champion with his lumbering style but Kurt Angle is a wrestling genius. He is wrestler of the year in my opinion. Giving him the title was the best thing you can do because he is on form. Another plus is that giving the title to Angle means the Big Show V Brock rematch won't be for the title. That's if they have a rematch at all. I was expecting the rematch to be for the title but the title on Angle is great thing.

Be prepared for more HHH bashing. The fact that HHH had strapping on his GOOD quad makes this match all the more a joke. Shawn tried his best but HHH was always going to win this match and it just didn't interest me. The first fall was too long leaving a limited amount of time for the other falls. Also, two out of three falls just means that it will go to a third fall. To give the stipualtion more creditibilty, make someone win in two falls. Apparently the ladder part of the match lasted 4 minutes when it really should have been the longest.

So, HHH gets his 'beloved' gold back meaning we will have to endure another borefest of a title reign. The fact that the crowd were actually into that match makes me all the more worried for the future. At least we have the potential of a Benoit V Angle title match where they pull out all the stops.

Smackdown wins hands down in my opinion.
Mon 16/12/02 at 16:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, Angle winning the title just does it all for me.

Great decision from the WWE.
Mon 16/12/02 at 22:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I wouldn't be surprised if putting the title on Angle was the smartest thing they've done all year.
Mon 16/12/02 at 23:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yup, probably is.

Is it just me, or are title reigns becoming shorter and shorter these days.

Undertaker, Rock, Hogan, Lesnar, Big Show and Angle have all held the title this year, which shows that the average amount of time for the title being kept is just 2 months.

It used to be between 4 - 6 months before.
Mon 16/12/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I remember when Diesel had the title for a year and, of course, HHH when he had something good going for him.
Mon 16/12/02 at 23:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, I can remember Triple H and Austin both holding it for long periods of time. Those were fairly recent though - just a couple of years ago.

A little further back down the line I can remember Shawn Michaels holding the title for ages.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:35
Regular
WWE seems insistent on pushing people who the crowd abhor - B2 (WTF?), Batista, and A-TRAIN????? What the...?

Also, by changing champs again, they rendered SS absolutely pointless. The Elimination Chamber could have been a chance to put the title on someone like RVD, Booker or Y2J and start new fueds in the process. HBK and HHH could still have had their match, their feud is centered around their disagreements, not their desire for the title.

Disappointing.
Wed 18/12/02 at 12:11
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> The women's title was awful. Blown spots everywhere and not a friend
> in site. To make women's wrestling more popular, they have to be more
> fluent in your delivery. Women's wrestling has NEVER looked fluent and
> looks very disjointed. If someone can give me an instance of a fluent,
> exceptional women's match, by all means show me it.
>

To be fair...Trish is working hard at her wrestling. Ok she's not at an acceptable level yet, but her opponents are certainly not helping. Surely there must be another female who can elevate her game to the same level as Jazz achieved...speaking of which, hope injury hasn't slowed her too much.
Wed 18/12/02 at 12:13
Regular
"..."
RM19 wrote:
> WWE seems insistent on pushing people who the crowd abhor - B2 (WTF?),
> Batista, and A-TRAIN????? What the...?
>
Isn't that a pretty good indicator of being a good heel though? For me, heels who people secretly like, like Triple H never really works. Mind you...it doesn't help that i've lost absolutely all respect for said Trips, due to his recent refusals to put anyone across. Can't help but feel Austin had a point now.
Wed 18/12/02 at 12:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, I read an article on a site where the writer's younger siblings and friends (under 10 years old mostly) were watching Show and Train vs Edge and Angle, and they really hated Albert and Big Show, despite them being pretty boring wrestlers.

Maybe they are good heels, none of us like them after all. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.