GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think that the playstation is on a crash course anyone agree"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/10/05 at 13:58
Regular
"What is your biddin"
i think sony is going down yeah
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:12
Regular
Legend of Dragoon > FF7
Tue 18/10/05 at 17:45
"The Will of D."
It was only the 3D graphics that made it anything revolutionary compared to other PSX RPG's. The length of the game is based upon lengthy FMV's and the length of in-game summon sequences during battles, then the story.
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I cry at the games.
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
"Balls"
Psyİho Fox 19 wrote:
>
> The PS1 for one has a lot of decent RPGs most of which have nothign
> to do with Final Fantasy, and some of them are a lot better overall
> than FFVII ever was.

But not a single one can hold a light to the way FFVII revolutionized RPG gaming.
Tue 18/10/05 at 09:27
"The Will of D."
Twain wrote:
> Plus I could never really get used to it. I didn't really know which
> games were good because I only really knew about Nintendo, and then
> when I bought some popular games, they were crap.
>
> apart from that, the rest of the games were football, tennis or
> racing, which are my most hated genres.

The PS1 for one has a lot of decent RPGs most of which have nothign to do with Final Fantasy, and some of them are a lot better overall than FFVII ever was.
Tue 18/10/05 at 08:00
Regular
"8==="
gimo80 wrote:
>
> And there is the PS3... I hardly think Sony are going down, matey.
> Believe it or not, and this is from a total Nintendo fan, there some
> incredible games on the PSX, PS2 and PSP.
>
> So, erm, yeah.

I doubt they're going down but I do think they've made some questionable decisions.

Firstly the controller is new and, whilst I personally haven't warmed to the Playstation controller in all the years it's been available, it is the controller a lot of people are familiar with.

This time around Microsoft has the more familiar controller design so those who stick with what they know may go with that.

Also there's the high price the PS3 is likely to retail at, it's doubtful that Sony would want to sell the consoles at a loss so the PS3 price is likely to remain high (which is fine if people are buying them). However, with MS's machine being more familiar, cheap and out earlier Sony could have set themselves up for a battering in the market place.

Certainly from an adult point of view the PS3 is likely to be great, but parents buying their kids a console may balk at the price, especially if they've also got their kid a PC already.

Now if you combine the two: you're buying an expensive console with an untried controller when there's a cheaper, more familiar console out with more titles and a proper online setup to boot.

There might be trouble ahead.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:55
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Plus I could never really get used to it. I didn't really know which games were good because I only really knew about Nintendo, and then when I bought some popular games, they were crap.

apart from that, the rest of the games were football, tennis or racing, which are my most hated genres.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:54
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yes, it's totally going down due to the PS2 being the biggest selling console ever. The PSP ain't doing bad either, especially over here, racking up sales of 200,000 in 3 days of sale. The DS is doing far better worldwide though.

And there is the PS3... I hardly think Sony are going down, matey. Believe it or not, and this is from a total Nintendo fan, there some incredible games on the PSX, PS2 and PSP.

So, erm, yeah.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:16
Regular
"What is your biddin"
that explains it
Sun 16/10/05 at 23:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Because I never liked it, to be honest.

My first few games were my best ones on it, the rest were just crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.