GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am confused."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 17:21
Regular
I am confused because I am realising that I don't really understand what makes people's minds work.

I am faced with a situation a don't understand, with the underlying point being - what makes a person happy?

I first met this friend about four months ago. She was going through a rough patch with her boyfriend, but we talked a lot by phone about her problems with him and she eventually sorted them out. She was easy to talk to, beautiful, and all round seemed a very comfortable person.
We kept on talikng, and I learnt more about her. She comes from a wll off backroung, with a full, loving family to support her. She is liked by many people, and loved as well. It seems that apart from this one relationship everything else in her life was absolutely fine.
After getting past this relationship, she was hurt for a while, but after a time seemed to get over it and moved on. Again, she seemed happy etc.
But then she learnt that one guy had been calling her fat behind her back. This was ridiculous - she was really beautiful, with a great body.
But then she decided to go on a diet. I was scepyical from the start about this, and I was proved right. She took it too far, and now weighs much less. She is in no serious danger, but I think she is much weaker as a person.
Recently I have been talking to her a lot again. She seems to be very closed a lot of the time, unwilling to talk about problems in her life. While talking to her recently I found out that she hasn't been happy for a while, and this stunned me.
I know she had that bad relationship, but she was fine after a while anf got on with her life. And I can't believe that just one person saying she was fat could have started it all, especially since it transpires that she had been unhappy before that.
So I am confused why she isn't happy. She is comfortable at home, loved, liked, beautiful, popular, she goes to a good school, and all should be well.

My point is - what makes a person happy?
Sun 15/12/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Selected"
i dare you to buy her a can of slimfast milkshake for christmas...
Sat 14/12/02 at 23:51
Regular
Dude, you should write fortune cookies.
Sat 14/12/02 at 22:55
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Are you happy? Is anyone happy? Or are some people just less unhappy than others?
Sat 14/12/02 at 19:47
Regular
"699 days!"
Good point, but more specifically for this person?
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:30
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Happiness is an ideal. I feel that even when I have one worry off my list, theres always another to fill its place...

eg..

Buy Christmas Present (ticks off mentally)

Then, all of a sudden...

Paul! Your grans ill! Hurry

She gets better, then..

My 'friends' decide it would be 'funny' to mock me for a day.

It can be achieved for short periods of time...but never eternally.
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:21
Regular
"699 days!"
I am confused because I am realising that I don't really understand what makes people's minds work.

I am faced with a situation a don't understand, with the underlying point being - what makes a person happy?

I first met this friend about four months ago. She was going through a rough patch with her boyfriend, but we talked a lot by phone about her problems with him and she eventually sorted them out. She was easy to talk to, beautiful, and all round seemed a very comfortable person.
We kept on talikng, and I learnt more about her. She comes from a wll off backroung, with a full, loving family to support her. She is liked by many people, and loved as well. It seems that apart from this one relationship everything else in her life was absolutely fine.
After getting past this relationship, she was hurt for a while, but after a time seemed to get over it and moved on. Again, she seemed happy etc.
But then she learnt that one guy had been calling her fat behind her back. This was ridiculous - she was really beautiful, with a great body.
But then she decided to go on a diet. I was scepyical from the start about this, and I was proved right. She took it too far, and now weighs much less. She is in no serious danger, but I think she is much weaker as a person.
Recently I have been talking to her a lot again. She seems to be very closed a lot of the time, unwilling to talk about problems in her life. While talking to her recently I found out that she hasn't been happy for a while, and this stunned me.
I know she had that bad relationship, but she was fine after a while anf got on with her life. And I can't believe that just one person saying she was fat could have started it all, especially since it transpires that she had been unhappy before that.
So I am confused why she isn't happy. She is comfortable at home, loved, liked, beautiful, popular, she goes to a good school, and all should be well.

My point is - what makes a person happy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.