GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Euro XBox till 2002!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/12/00 at 14:24
Regular
That's right, the Japanese, and the Americans will be able to get their hands on an XBox this time next year, but we won't.

Apparently for the Japanese and US market the XBox's are being built in Mexico, but the European ones are to be built in Hungary, and they haven't built the factory yet! So the XBox isn't getting a Euro release until early 2002.

So I guess that the Gamecube will arrive before the XBox then?
Thu 21/12/00 at 14:24
Regular
"not dead"
That's right, the Japanese, and the Americans will be able to get their hands on an XBox this time next year, but we won't.

Apparently for the Japanese and US market the XBox's are being built in Mexico, but the European ones are to be built in Hungary, and they haven't built the factory yet! So the XBox isn't getting a Euro release until early 2002.

So I guess that the Gamecube will arrive before the XBox then?
Thu 21/12/00 at 16:10
Regular
*Dances around the room*

*Gets tripped up by Ant*

Damm you!
Thu 21/12/00 at 16:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Microsoft may have fluffed this launch already. Sega always used to launch like this, first spread the hype, then bring out the console 12 months later, then have all of its competitors pull it apart and make a better one. I bet Sony would pay a few million to get their hands on a working prototype and then start developing the PS3 right away if they could. In a multi-billion dollar market I wouldn't put this scheming past any of the manufacturers.
Thu 21/12/00 at 17:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Why Hungary why not the UK, France Germany etc.

I don't understand that, it must be cheaper to build there, as usual microsoft stingy with the money.
Thu 21/12/00 at 17:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
YYYEESSSS!!!!
Good, microsoft would have ruined the market and the gamecube, now the gamecube will get a wicked launch!!!

I hate microsoft.
WOOHOO
Thu 21/12/00 at 17:42
Regular
GameCube development kits have been set out apparently.
Thu 21/12/00 at 18:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
yes they have gone out, I have seen a bag!!
wwwoooohhooo
Thu 21/12/00 at 22:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It was reported in the gaming press that several development kits for the Gamecube were sent to Electronic Arts, but as yet these are unconfirmed.
Thu 21/12/00 at 22:49
Regular
Oh great, so it can learn from Nintendo, Sony and Sega while they are taking over the console market already?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.