GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Job application question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/09/06 at 01:04
Regular
Seems as though the position I was supposed to start on Monday fell through and I'm again finding myself filling out job applications. I figured I'd fill one out to become a teachers assistant, since I spend a lot of my time volunteering at my son's school.

By the way, today one six year old little boy in my son's class was choking another boy on the playground! Holy shizah! I couldn't believe how no one really reprimanded him either. They just brushed it off like 'kids will be kids.' Pft, if that was my boy being choked to the point that he was blue in the lips and coughing gasping for air upon release, I think I'd have to ..err nevermind.

The perpetrator boy rubbed me the wrong way from the very beginning when I encountered him volunteering on Tuesday. He seems like one of those quiet genius types, lurking about with a black soul. His aura is dark. He drags his feet in dismay and removes himself from the class frequently to lounge on the bean bag chairs in the back of the room. Even I get intimidated in his creeping presence. When I was testing his reading skill today, he was the only one out of the entire class that knew just about every single word through the very end. He became noticeably disgruntled with me for not indicating he got -every- word. Listen kid.. Ahem.

I guess I can just already see him tattoo'd up with a shaved head and black trench coat, toting along an M16 to his high school class for the cause. Bless. How I'd love to meet the parental unit..

There's one question on the application I'm supposed to be filling out at the moment that I'm sitting here wondering about, as I drift off on mental tangents of the trauma I endured on the playground today. It would be interesting to get everyone's input on it :)

Here it is:

If you were assigned a rather complicated job you had done before but had encountered some problems while doing it, how would you approach the job this time?

Thanks!
Sat 30/09/06 at 09:48
Regular
Lol his aura is dark?

Sounds like me when I was young. Except I don't go around choking people.
Sat 30/09/06 at 09:20
Regular
Assumption rears its ugly head again.
Sat 30/09/06 at 01:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Urgh i hate job application forms, mainly because i'm tired of writing my address out time and time and time AND TIME again.

Ladybird wrote
> He became
> noticeably disgruntled with me for not indicating he got -every-
> word. Listen kid.. Ahem.

Heh, it's amazing how quickly some kids become your favourites and others rub you the wrong way, i know as a teacher you're not meant to but it's only human nature. I'd often find myself ignoring the kids that got on my nerves and going to those i did like first to deal with their problems and then to deal with the others.

> I guess I can just already see him tattoo'd up with a shaved
> head and black trench coat, toting along an M16 to his high
> school class for the cause. Bless. How I'd love to meet the
> parental unit..

Heh i was also about to make the trenchcoat remark :-D

> Here it is:
>
> If you were assigned a rather complicated job you had done
> before but had encountered some problems while doing it, how
> would you approach the job this time?

Hmmm usually whenever i get asked something like that i recycle the old "i think about the previous time and make a plan of what went right and what went wrong and then take steps to rectify what didn't go right last time and use what was successful in the past and combine the two methods"
Sat 30/09/06 at 01:04
Regular
Seems as though the position I was supposed to start on Monday fell through and I'm again finding myself filling out job applications. I figured I'd fill one out to become a teachers assistant, since I spend a lot of my time volunteering at my son's school.

By the way, today one six year old little boy in my son's class was choking another boy on the playground! Holy shizah! I couldn't believe how no one really reprimanded him either. They just brushed it off like 'kids will be kids.' Pft, if that was my boy being choked to the point that he was blue in the lips and coughing gasping for air upon release, I think I'd have to ..err nevermind.

The perpetrator boy rubbed me the wrong way from the very beginning when I encountered him volunteering on Tuesday. He seems like one of those quiet genius types, lurking about with a black soul. His aura is dark. He drags his feet in dismay and removes himself from the class frequently to lounge on the bean bag chairs in the back of the room. Even I get intimidated in his creeping presence. When I was testing his reading skill today, he was the only one out of the entire class that knew just about every single word through the very end. He became noticeably disgruntled with me for not indicating he got -every- word. Listen kid.. Ahem.

I guess I can just already see him tattoo'd up with a shaved head and black trench coat, toting along an M16 to his high school class for the cause. Bless. How I'd love to meet the parental unit..

There's one question on the application I'm supposed to be filling out at the moment that I'm sitting here wondering about, as I drift off on mental tangents of the trauma I endured on the playground today. It would be interesting to get everyone's input on it :)

Here it is:

If you were assigned a rather complicated job you had done before but had encountered some problems while doing it, how would you approach the job this time?

Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.