GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pipedream scores on SSX. Are you any good?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/12/00 at 17:08
Regular
Can anyone beat 272,000 points on Pipedream showoff?

How about 2min 29 seconds for completion of Tokyo Megaplex?

These are the scores I think I`ve done well to get. Feel free to laugh at them if they`re pants.

Put any other scores you have on this topic, and I`ll know what to aim for!!
Wed 20/12/00 at 17:08
Regular
Can anyone beat 272,000 points on Pipedream showoff?

How about 2min 29 seconds for completion of Tokyo Megaplex?

These are the scores I think I`ve done well to get. Feel free to laugh at them if they`re pants.

Put any other scores you have on this topic, and I`ll know what to aim for!!
Wed 20/12/00 at 20:54
Regular
How about under 3 minutes on Mesablanca?
Thu 21/12/00 at 08:03
Do you ever sleep ? That is a huge score.

I've got gold in all races and bronze in all showoffs.
Just working through to get silvers.
Have no idea how you get gold on some of them - the silvers are taking me ages and I just dont see how I can get any more jumps/leaps/twists into a run ...

Got to do it though - I need to see the final untracked course.
I assume you need to get all gold everything to see it ?
Thu 21/12/00 at 09:11
hehe i got about 300k in that stage and about 2:15 in Tokyo Megaplex
Thu 21/12/00 at 09:57
Regular
There is a competition in the latest edition of PSM2 magazine for the best SSX scores perhaps you should enter
Thu 21/12/00 at 11:05
Regular
To get decent jumps, hold the adrenaline boost before the jump, and then aim for a decent set of spins/flips, in which you should try two or more grabs so that you get combo points.

dmitch, I`m very impressed. I can believe the pipedream score because I made mistakes on my way down, but when I did that Tokyo megaplex time, I made no mistakes, and took every short cut I knew, yet you are quarter of a second ahead. There must be a short cut I haven`t seen.

As for the comp in PSM2, I am thinking about it, but the writers of the mag weren`t actually that good, and also I am unsure what you do to prove it. Do I just send in a photo of the records screen?
Thu 21/12/00 at 11:06
Regular
Sorry dmitch, I meant a quarter of a minute.
Thu 21/12/00 at 11:09
Regular
Sorry, I nearly forgot. To get the untracked course, you only need medals in all races, not gold. However, you do need gold in Aloha Ice Jam and Pipedream. If you already have golds in the races and bronzes in the showoffs, all you need is gold on Pipedream.

Are you using Mac, because he is the best at Tricks!!
Thu 21/12/00 at 11:23
Regular
dmitch, I`m improving on the pipedream score gradually, but I can`t get anywhere near your tokyo time. How did you do it????
Thu 21/12/00 at 12:34
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but where is the 'trigger' on PipeDream? And does it help? I've got Golds easily on the other courses in race and showoff but PipeDream's a different story. Any tips for big points? Apart from using Mac, of course. Much appreciated.

Mark H

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.