GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manchester United v Deportivo la Coruna"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
David Beckham will return to the Manchester United squad for Wednesday's Champions League game against Deportivo La Coruna at Old Trafford but will probably start on the bench.

The England captain has been sidelined with a rib injury and last played against Bayer Leverkusen on November 13.

Rio Ferdinand is still out with a thigh injury but could be back for Saturday`s Premiership showdown with bottom club West Ham.

Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted he is likely to stick with the starting line-up which beat Arsenal on Saturday, even though Beckham is available again.

Leading scorer Ruud van Nistelrooy is likely to start as a lone striker with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer making up a five-man midfield. At the other end, pace could be the key for United.

Roy Makaay has already scored eight goals in the Champions League this season and offers plenty of speed up front for Deportivo. As a result, Ferguson is expected to stick with the centre-half combination of Wes Brown and Mikael Silvestre that coped with the pace of Thierry Henry and Sylvain Wiltord against Arsenal on Saturday.

Phil Neville will continue in central midfield following a man-of-the-match performance against the Gunners, and he will once again have a tough job on his hands against one of the most creative midfields in Spain.

Deportivo see midfielder Juan Carlos Valeron return from the broken leg he sustained in the first round of the competition in September. He was brought on for a short spell during Saturday's 1-1 draw at Recreativo Huelva and came through with no problems.

The Spaniard's creativity has been sorely missed by Deportivo, and his comeback coincides with the returns of midfielder Sergio and full-back Enrique Romero, who were both rested at the weekend.

One bright spot for United fans is the news that Argentine midfielder Aldo Duscher has been left out of the squad by coach Javier Irureta.

Duscher, the man responsible for inflicting the foot injury that nearly kept David Beckham out of the World Cup last season, said: "It is a shame to miss such a big game.

"I would have liked to have talked with him and swappped shirts after the game."

Manchester United (probable): 1-Fabien Barthez; 2-Gary Neville, 24-Wes Brown, 27-Mikael Silvestre, 22-John O'Shea; 3-Phil Neville, 4-Juan Sebastian Veron, 11-Ryan Giggs, 18-Paul Scholes, 20-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer; 10-Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Deportivo Coruna (probable): 25-Juanmi; 12-Lionel Scaloni, 5-Cesar, 20-Donato, 3-Enrique Romero; 6-Mauro Silva, 16-Sergio, 10-Fran, 21-Juan Carlos Valeron; 7-Roy Makaay, 9-Diego Tristan.

Referee: Terje Hauge (Norway).

I think it will be a tight game but Man u will nick all the points.

What do you lot think?
Wed 11/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
David Beckham will return to the Manchester United squad for Wednesday's Champions League game against Deportivo La Coruna at Old Trafford but will probably start on the bench.

The England captain has been sidelined with a rib injury and last played against Bayer Leverkusen on November 13.

Rio Ferdinand is still out with a thigh injury but could be back for Saturday`s Premiership showdown with bottom club West Ham.

Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted he is likely to stick with the starting line-up which beat Arsenal on Saturday, even though Beckham is available again.

Leading scorer Ruud van Nistelrooy is likely to start as a lone striker with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer making up a five-man midfield. At the other end, pace could be the key for United.

Roy Makaay has already scored eight goals in the Champions League this season and offers plenty of speed up front for Deportivo. As a result, Ferguson is expected to stick with the centre-half combination of Wes Brown and Mikael Silvestre that coped with the pace of Thierry Henry and Sylvain Wiltord against Arsenal on Saturday.

Phil Neville will continue in central midfield following a man-of-the-match performance against the Gunners, and he will once again have a tough job on his hands against one of the most creative midfields in Spain.

Deportivo see midfielder Juan Carlos Valeron return from the broken leg he sustained in the first round of the competition in September. He was brought on for a short spell during Saturday's 1-1 draw at Recreativo Huelva and came through with no problems.

The Spaniard's creativity has been sorely missed by Deportivo, and his comeback coincides with the returns of midfielder Sergio and full-back Enrique Romero, who were both rested at the weekend.

One bright spot for United fans is the news that Argentine midfielder Aldo Duscher has been left out of the squad by coach Javier Irureta.

Duscher, the man responsible for inflicting the foot injury that nearly kept David Beckham out of the World Cup last season, said: "It is a shame to miss such a big game.

"I would have liked to have talked with him and swappped shirts after the game."

Manchester United (probable): 1-Fabien Barthez; 2-Gary Neville, 24-Wes Brown, 27-Mikael Silvestre, 22-John O'Shea; 3-Phil Neville, 4-Juan Sebastian Veron, 11-Ryan Giggs, 18-Paul Scholes, 20-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer; 10-Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Deportivo Coruna (probable): 25-Juanmi; 12-Lionel Scaloni, 5-Cesar, 20-Donato, 3-Enrique Romero; 6-Mauro Silva, 16-Sergio, 10-Fran, 21-Juan Carlos Valeron; 7-Roy Makaay, 9-Diego Tristan.

Referee: Terje Hauge (Norway).

I think it will be a tight game but Man u will nick all the points.

What do you lot think?
Wed 11/12/02 at 16:28
"Darkness, always"
After playing each other 4 times last season, and each team winning half of those games, it's a tough one to predict.

Phil Neville seems to have found a new vocation in life by actually playing well at football, so it will be interesting to see if/how he plays.

Personally, I expect we'll win it though. We'll want to try to make it hard for them to qualify, so we don't have tpo run into them again.
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Manchester United have a strong chance tonight - Deportivo haven't been playing too well in La Liga so far this season, and are currently sitting in 8th place.

Man U are also on good form, which should help things a lot too.

Deportivo are one of my favourite European clubs, and one of the teams that I really enjoy watching, but to be honest, I can't see them beating Man U tonight - maybe, just maybe, they can take a draw away from Old Trafford, but I'd put money on Man U winning this one.

The downside for Man U is, all the Spanish teams seem to be playing really well in the Champions League, and just not in their own league. For example:
3rd - Valencia
6th - Real Madrid
8th - Deportivo
12th - Barcelona
That's the situation in La Liga, but all teams, although not doing well at home, are all on great form in Europe.

As I said before, Deportivo are a good team, but I don't think Man U should have too much bother tonight.
Wed 11/12/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Well at the moment it is Manchester United 2 Deportivo La Coruna 0.

Ruud van Nistelrooy with both goals.
Wed 11/12/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Final score?
Wed 11/12/02 at 22:17
Regular
2-0

Van Nistelrooy could have had 6.
Thu 12/12/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Brilliant game! Great result!!

Bad reffereeing!!

I wouldn't say that van Nistelrooy deserved that first penalty claim, or Giggs' one where he went down, but I'm still left convinced that a spot-kick should've been awarded when Ruud went down the second time!

And why was Veron booked??
Did van Nistelrooy even touch the 'keeper when he headed in that goal that should've been his second?? No!

At least we got all 3 points, though. And thanks to Barthez, we didn't concede. O'Shea always seems to impress me every-time I see him play now!

That should put us in a very comfortable position for when it all picks-up again in February.
Thu 12/12/02 at 16:43
"Darkness, always"
I mistook O'Shea for Giggs at least twice during that match. He made a great turn on the ball and sprinted past a midfielder whose name I forget at one point. I was like "Go on Giggsy!", then I realised it was O'Shea, and I ducked my head and sipped my beer...
Thu 12/12/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Notable"
I hope Veron plays like that all the time

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.