GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At last!! i have my PS2.........."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/12/00 at 20:49
Regular
Looks amazing, plays like a dream but is brought down by poor launch games.

My DC games look better than some of the crap that is currently on the PS2 eg RRV. HOwever, when better games come out (GT3, MGS2) i will be happier.

Got SSX with it. Now that's a good game!! But it has SLowdowns???????? why?????? 4 Mb VRAM not good!

Now what shall i buy next....hmmmmmm
Tue 19/12/00 at 20:49
Looks amazing, plays like a dream but is brought down by poor launch games.

My DC games look better than some of the crap that is currently on the PS2 eg RRV. HOwever, when better games come out (GT3, MGS2) i will be happier.

Got SSX with it. Now that's a good game!! But it has SLowdowns???????? why?????? 4 Mb VRAM not good!

Now what shall i buy next....hmmmmmm
Tue 19/12/00 at 22:59
Regular
Slowdown on SSX???
I have played all courses on one player and two, and I have done some crazy stunts, and taken some silly routes, and I have never seen any slowdown on this amazing game.

Are you perhaps pressing the start button very rapidly??
Tue 19/12/00 at 23:52
ssxpro wrote:
> Slowdown on SSX???
> I have played all courses on one player and two, and I have done
> some crazy stunts, and taken some silly routes, and I have never
> seen any slowdown on this amazing game.
>
> Are you perhaps pressing the start button very rapidly??

Ive never expirienced slow down, and i am getting fed up with ppl slatin the launch games, look at games that came out with other cosoles on launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 20/12/00 at 00:19
remember the original psx launch games ? they look pretty ropey against modern psx games. The evolution of ridge racer is a good guide.

its quite good now, but it will get better. I really cant wait for gt3. Have you got this months (and last months) psw mag ? Demos of GT3, MGS2, and some other stuff. Its a scorcher, and you get a free copy of 'loaded'.
Wed 20/12/00 at 10:14
"High polygon count"
I've had no slowdown on SSX either. Though sometimes I wish I did, cos it occasionally just seems to run away from me, it's so quick!
Wed 20/12/00 at 12:59
I've noticed slight slowdown occasionally, but I guess it depends what you are used to framerate wise.

It's not dramatic slowdown, but it drops from 60 fps to around 35 ish occasionally, some people wouldn't even notice.

Gary A
Thu 21/12/00 at 03:53
psychosis wrote:
> I've noticed slight slowdown occasionally, but I guess it depends
> what you are used to framerate wise.
>
> It's not dramatic slowdown, but it drops from 60 fps to around 35
> ish occasionally, some people wouldn't even notice.
>
> Gary A

Yeh I have noticed a MAJOR slow down in my ps2, maybe that is because it is still unter the Christmas Tree like yours should be.

What are you going to open on Christmas day, a can of beer!!

bot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.