GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Roster Split"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 15:23
Regular
I was all for the roster split when it started as it would give a chance to the lower carders to get on Raw and Smackdown because main eventers were starting to dominate both shows but now I feel that the split must end.

The European title is a good place to start. This title should have been fought between lower carders but it wasn't really. Jeff Hardy and William Regal are not low carders. Regal had recently won the Intercontinental title and Jeff beat Triple H for the Intercontinental title not that long ago. The European and Intercontinental titles were then scrapped along with the Hardcore title. So what have the lower carders got left to go for? The best they can hope for is either being a jobber on Raw or Smackdown with the very occasional storyline or a regular on Velocity or Heat. That is very damaging for morale.

I hear people saying that the split in the shows give mid carders the chance to get used to main eventing. Although that is true, the real talent is getting supressed, which leads me to more Triple H bashing. This may be controversial but Triple H is single-handedly destroying Raw. His constant interference and hogging of the limelight is hurting the people that deserve a real chance. People may not like RVD, Booker T and Jericho but they are MUCH better than Triple H.

Smackdown is the better wrestling show. No doubt about it. One problem with that though. There is only so many times that the 6 really talented ones can wrestle without the matches going stale. Angle, Benoit, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Chavo and Eddie are making Smackdown great but they need new talented opponents. Having them wrestle against each other week in, week out is great for a while but the interest drops.

The poor choice of champions is hurting as well. Shawn Michaels is not a full-time wrestler and is limited in what he is able to accomplish. The Big Show is slow and awful and is only holding the title so Brock can heal from injury. I'm not a big Brock fan anyway. He hasn't really delivered a really quality match. With Triple H and Brock going to win the titles back, the optimism isn't high.

But I hear you say that Angle and Benoit are going to get a run with the title. I say that surely these storyline leaks are bad news as the shock title change doesn't happen that much anymore.

So what can be done to resolve the problem? Scrap the split and utilise the talent but mixing it around. The tag divisions are suffering with a real lack of competition and teams being thrown together. Merge the two World titles again because I've never enjoyed having two World champions and you can't take them both seriously. Give a title for the lower carders to fight over because they deserve a chance. Forget about having two-minute matches and long, boring backstage segments. Focus on wrestling and give the talent plenty of time to shine.

I really want to get back to enjoying what I'm watching.
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:17
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
You all need a triple douse of Mattitude...

LOL if you break down Mattitude you get

Ma-***-tude

(Ma >Tit Chewed)

*realises what a newbie he's being*

*Pedigrees self*

*dies*
Fri 13/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Big Show is a filler champion. Brock picked up an injury (from Big Show funnily enough) and they gave the Big Show the title only until Brock is ready which should be at the Royal Rumble.
Fri 13/12/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I saw half of Smackdown at a friends a couple of weeks ago and it was actually quite good. But how is the Big Show WWE champion.

On an unrelated note Alfie Moon is the Brock Lesnar of Eastenders.
Mon 09/12/02 at 19:35
Regular
"..."
Primal wrote:
> †hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> He did the
> same thing to Sting at around the same time...
>
> I don't remember Sting ever wrestling in WWF.

Remember a bloke called Steve 'Justice' Borden? Sting without his face paint.
Mon 09/12/02 at 15:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grandprix wrote:
> Vince decided that Albert was the one to fight Edge and take out Rey
> Mysterio instead of Matt Hardy. The reasoning behind it: BECAUSE HE IS
> BIG! Matt Hardy wanted to fight Edge and was upset that Vince halted
> that plan.

Bah, Matt Hardy rules.
Mon 09/12/02 at 00:33
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> He did the
> same thing to Sting at around the same time...

I don't remember Sting ever wrestling in WWF.
Sun 08/12/02 at 23:15
Regular
"..."
AfroJoe wrote:
> My point there was that they are just re-signing guys who have had
> pasts in the company and not done well (all apart from Steiner).
>
> Ruining it all, if you ask me.

Scott Steiner HAS worked for the WWE before, when The Steiner Brothers had a brief and highly unsuccesful stint with the WWE. Mind you, this was around the time that Vince decided to undermine WCW by signing their biggest stars and making them job to all his talent. He did the same thing to Sting at around the same time...
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
With a bit of sense, they could utilise the whole roster on Raw and Smackdown. The problem is, sense is not in Vince McMahon's dictionary. Take this recent bit of news:

Vince decided that Albert was the one to fight Edge and take out Rey Mysterio instead of Matt Hardy. The reasoning behind it: BECAUSE HE IS BIG! Matt Hardy wanted to fight Edge and was upset that Vince halted that plan.
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My point there was that they are just re-signing guys who have had pasts in the company and not done well (all apart from Steiner).

Ruining it all, if you ask me.
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> oh yeah. The roster is too damn big to ALL be on all shows now
> anyways.
> and good riddance to the godfather. But I miss Perry Saturn :(

---

Yeah, and bringing back Bull Buchanan as B Squared (can't be bothered looking for the Squared sign :-D) didn't help.

Ok, so he's a big strong guy who is quite experienced, but they don't really need him.

And bringing back Hugh Morrus under the name Bill DeMott.

And they're going to be bringing this cousin of Jamie Noble, who'll no doubt be crap. :-D

And they've brought Steiner, although I'm not complaining about him, because he does rock.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.