GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil: Outbreak"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil : Outbreak'.
Sat 22/10/05 at 14:22
Regular
Is this actually any good? I've read mixed reviews.

If I bought it I wouldn't be playing it online, so is it worth buying for single player? I'm not bothered if it plays exactly like the old Resident Evil titles, because they're some of my favourite ever games.

And how about the sequel? Worth trying?
Sat 22/10/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yes it is very good. I have it can't wait for Resident evil 4. Do get File 2 suppose to ve much better zombie elephants,crocdiles and other creatures. Also online so get it. I might get it soon.
Sat 22/10/05 at 15:02
Regular
The scariest moment for me was the part where the hunters turn up, and I was pretty much shaking in fear from then on.

At the time I would have been about 10 and it scared the hell outta me, especially when you could hear one but couldn't see it. Wonder if they'll have the same effect this time round...
Sat 22/10/05 at 14:41
"High polygon count"
I still remember playing the original on my PS1 at night.

The console was connected through my hi-fi, so the sound was quite loud... and I had it plugged into an old 14-inch Phillips CM8833 Mk II monitor, so I was sat reasonably close.

I was wandering down the corridor, expecting to see huge spiders as I had in the magazine screenshots... when all of a sudden the zombie dogs crashed through the window.

I jumped so much I nearly hit my head on the ceiling, and I nearly shat myself. And with that I was hooked.

I was hooked from then on. I've always been a fan of horror/zombie movies, and with a few exceptions (Outbreak and the light-gun games), Resi's been a brilliant series.
Sat 22/10/05 at 14:34
Regular
I've just bought the original director's cut for PS1 off Ebay.

Helps to contain my excitement while I wait for Resident Evil 4 :-D
Sat 22/10/05 at 14:24
"High polygon count"
The reviews were pretty average for both File 1 and File 2.

I'm a big Resident Evil fan - even bought a Gamecube to play the remakes and Resi 0 - but even I didn't bother with these two games.

Can't wait for 4 and 5 though! :-)
Sat 22/10/05 at 14:22
Regular
Is this actually any good? I've read mixed reviews.

If I bought it I wouldn't be playing it online, so is it worth buying for single player? I'm not bothered if it plays exactly like the old Resident Evil titles, because they're some of my favourite ever games.

And how about the sequel? Worth trying?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.