GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden - The Greatest Sports Series Ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 12:34
Regular
If any of you are American football fans, you've probably heard of John Madden. Not only was he a great coach, but he also has sparked the greatest football gaming series ever in my opinion. I have never seen such a successful sports series before. Ever since his first football game for the SNES, his gaming venture has spawned into an excellent series with almost no flaws at all.

Some of you may disagree with me, but the Madden football series is probably one of the most advanced sports games out there. Ever since its start, the game has evolved into such stardom that it rivals almost every competition on the market. I use to remember how fun it was to finally play a football game that had the ability to do audibles, save stats, create your own plays, and even do some whacky things. The depth in the games were amazing for their resources, and the Madden commentary was hilarious. Many may say that John Madden's name is what gave the game its success, but that's not true. The game was a hit because it was one of the first sports series to finally capture everything you would expect in a real sports game.

There were so many features and options that you could probably survive off of the game Madden itself. I know that FIFA may rival the series as one of the greatest sports series ever, but it just doesn't match up. As good as FIFA is as a soccer game, it doesn't provide as nearly as much as the Madden gaming series has provided for sporting gamers. No baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, or even football game/series has matched the success of Madden. If anything, I think we should pay more respect to sports games and the ideals they set to the gaming community. Games like Madden are the ones that show us how much we can stack into a game while making it fun at the same time.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:34
If any of you are American football fans, you've probably heard of John Madden. Not only was he a great coach, but he also has sparked the greatest football gaming series ever in my opinion. I have never seen such a successful sports series before. Ever since his first football game for the SNES, his gaming venture has spawned into an excellent series with almost no flaws at all.

Some of you may disagree with me, but the Madden football series is probably one of the most advanced sports games out there. Ever since its start, the game has evolved into such stardom that it rivals almost every competition on the market. I use to remember how fun it was to finally play a football game that had the ability to do audibles, save stats, create your own plays, and even do some whacky things. The depth in the games were amazing for their resources, and the Madden commentary was hilarious. Many may say that John Madden's name is what gave the game its success, but that's not true. The game was a hit because it was one of the first sports series to finally capture everything you would expect in a real sports game.

There were so many features and options that you could probably survive off of the game Madden itself. I know that FIFA may rival the series as one of the greatest sports series ever, but it just doesn't match up. As good as FIFA is as a soccer game, it doesn't provide as nearly as much as the Madden gaming series has provided for sporting gamers. No baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, or even football game/series has matched the success of Madden. If anything, I think we should pay more respect to sports games and the ideals they set to the gaming community. Games like Madden are the ones that show us how much we can stack into a game while making it fun at the same time.
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I always buy the Madden games.

They rock, really. :-)
Mon 09/12/02 at 16:48
"Darth Vader 3442321"
*Makes a mental note to fire up the ol' playstation and have a game of Madden*
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
yea i gotta agree. I've got every Madden from Madden 91 on the Amiga and every one represents its sport better than any other franchise. Its realism is unsurpassed and the weight and height system for tackling and breaking tackles is a great idea

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.