GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Trek Titles!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/12/00 at 15:59
Regular
Have you noticed the amount of Star Trek games that have been realised, Star Trek Amarda, Klingon Academy, Starfleet command.
If you look at all the games that are out, none of them look very good! the only one that i think has some promise is 'Star Trek Bridge Commander' because you get to control the ship in battles and order the crew etc of corse the graphics are amazing too!
Activision and Interplay seem to be the only companys that bring Star Trek games out, Activision do the ground/ship exploring games and Interplay the ship to ship combat.
I think there should be a game that does all of this and with good graphics.
The Sims/Star Trek type of game that makes you decide what your crews actions are!
Does anyone agree with me that Star Trek titles are lousy or do you disagree??
Wed 20/12/00 at 09:11
Regular
"not dead"
edgy wrote:
> Fantasy Meister I've noticed that quite recently you've gone all
> sarcastic!
>
> Why?

The FantasyMeister we once knew, is no more!

In a freak accident involving a shower, a slippery floor, and some tiny hampsters, FantasyMeister was admitted to hospital.

The doctors said that it would just be a routine operation, just a case of making a small cut, and temping the animals out with sunflower seeds.

So the operation begun, it was at this point that FM complained that he could still feel the pain, and that the anesthetic wasn't working, but the surgeons wouldn't listen.

The pain was tremendous, and the FM we once knew began to hallucinate. It was during this time that he encountered strange demons, that embedded themselves deep within his mind.

Dark FM was born.
Wed 20/12/00 at 00:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Moi? Sarcastic?
Tue 19/12/00 at 21:08
Regular
Fantasy Meister I've noticed that quite recently you've gone all sarcastic!

Why?
Tue 19/12/00 at 19:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I am awaiting:

Star Trek: The Wrath of Bones
Star Trek: The Vulcan Bites Back
and
Star Trek: Shatner's Goofs.

I may have to wait a long time.
Tue 19/12/00 at 18:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
Star Trek Invasion is alright on the PSX. I cant wait for Star Trek Voyager Elit Force on PS2 though!!
Tue 19/12/00 at 18:22
Regular
I've got quite a few Star Trek games but none of the brand new ones!

I think they are great but they wont run on my PC cos it's too old!

But here's a list of Trekky games I've got and my rating out of 10:

Star Trek Klingon 7/10 It's a good game but once you've completed it it's too easy.

Star Trek Generations 8/10 Excelent game but some of the levels are frustrating.

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy 9/10 The only bad thing is trying to work out what to do with the crippled ship called Raven. The Star Destroyer levels are difficult!

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Harbinger 8/10 An excellent game but I can't find Quark when I need him!

Star Trek: The Next Generation: A Final Unity 9/10 The first Star Trek game I ever played! Solving the mysteries is fun and I completed it in about a month! (It took my cousin's neighbour almost a year!)

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary 7/10 Quite good for an old Dos game. Plays like "A Final Unity" but a bit more cartoony. Could do with some easier layouts.

Star Trek Encyclopedia 8/10 Find out almost anything about anything to do with Star Trek! the trouble is it needs updating after a while!
Tue 19/12/00 at 15:59
Have you noticed the amount of Star Trek games that have been realised, Star Trek Amarda, Klingon Academy, Starfleet command.
If you look at all the games that are out, none of them look very good! the only one that i think has some promise is 'Star Trek Bridge Commander' because you get to control the ship in battles and order the crew etc of corse the graphics are amazing too!
Activision and Interplay seem to be the only companys that bring Star Trek games out, Activision do the ground/ship exploring games and Interplay the ship to ship combat.
I think there should be a game that does all of this and with good graphics.
The Sims/Star Trek type of game that makes you decide what your crews actions are!
Does anyone agree with me that Star Trek titles are lousy or do you disagree??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.