GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtua Tennis 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Virtua Tennis 2'.
Sat 07/12/02 at 22:28
Regular
So.....looks like I'm the only one who got this on Friday.

Well. I did. Erm...not much else to say really. Haven't unlocked anything yet. Assuming there is anything to unlock, that is.

Looks like this will be my own personal chat thread. Although if anyone has the game, please feel free to chat. About the game. Virtua Tennis 2. If you forgot.

Oh, it's quite good. Although monotonous if you play it for too long. Like the magazine said, easy to learn, hard to master.

Anyway, I'll go now. I know when I'm not wanted.
Sun 08/12/02 at 22:55
There are 8 real men, 8 real women.

I wondered why you could buy courts but not practise on them in World Tour, I never realised that you were actually unlocking them! I'd better go and buy some.

Also, the original had unlockable stupid racquets - woks, radios etc that made funny noises when you hit the ball. Surely there's some in this? They can't just take a step back and deprive us of our stupidity.
Sun 08/12/02 at 16:09
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
16, I think. 8 men 8 women. It might be 20 though. Not sure. That's not including your 2 created players. Check my review for in-depth World Tour impressions.
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:31
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
El Blokey wrote:
> Yes Jamie, get Virtua Tennis 2 for Xmas!
>
> And Pro Evo, it's the best tennis game ever. Better than AK's Smash,
> better than Mario Tennis, better than all of them. I think you should
> get it, but play a game in an arcade and see if you like it. Should
> only cost you 50p.
>
> My male is ranked 88th in the world now. Ooh yeah!

How many players are there to choose from? Only having eight players in smash court tennis is what put me off getting it till this game.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:57
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Pro Evo's a tennis game, that's why i loose all the time : D
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:54
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Yes Jamie, get Virtua Tennis 2 for Xmas!

And Pro Evo, it's the best tennis game ever. Better than AK's Smash, better than Mario Tennis, better than all of them. I think you should get it, but play a game in an arcade and see if you like it. Should only cost you 50p.

My male is ranked 88th in the world now. Ooh yeah!
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:10
Regular
"  "
AK's Smash Court 2 was simply one of the best Sports games ever. Everything from the imaginative courts, the super fast play, and the great unlockable secrets (Including Tekken Characters) was just fantastic.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Colourless"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I don't really like realistic tennis sims.
>
> Any remember AK's Smash Court on the PSone?
> That had cartoon people and was a lot more fun, not restricted by
> realistic physics and things like that.
> Good multiplayer, too.

I think very unrealistic tennis sims are fun, for example I had Pete Sampras tennis on the mega drive , where by putting in a code, the ball's size, speed, direction and bounce randomly changed and you scored lots of points for hitting humpty dumpty on top of the net and cracking im open..great fun.

I have long awaited virtua tennis 2 for the ps2 after playing the arcade version. I might get it for christmas........... is it any good? (I am a big tennis fan by the way, if that matters whether i will enjoy it or not)
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:46
"period drama"
I don't really like realistic tennis sims.

Any remember AK's Smash Court on the PSone?
That had cartoon people and was a lot more fun, not restricted by realistic physics and things like that.
Good multiplayer, too.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would have thought they would have been different, one being an Arcade game and the other more like a Sim game.

Just want to know which is better, and since i have Smash Court is there a point in getting this?
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Max Power"
it probably isnt different

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.