GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone have any Standees?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/12/00 at 12:41
Regular
Does anyone in forum collect or own a promotional standee used by a company for a consoles launch?

I saw lara Croft go 2 weeks ago for £500 and it was a only 12 months old!

I was wondering if any body had any?

Here are my top 5 that I own:

1: 6ft Mario (promotional 1997)
2: 6ft Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark July 2000) X2
3: 7 ft Turok ( HUGE one 1998)
4: Zelda Majoras Mask 5 ft ( 1 month old)
5: Rayman 2 5 ft ( N64 3D promo)

Let me know what you think on the collecting side of the market?
Tue 19/12/00 at 12:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
Does anyone in forum collect or own a promotional standee used by a company for a consoles launch?

I saw lara Croft go 2 weeks ago for £500 and it was a only 12 months old!

I was wondering if any body had any?

Here are my top 5 that I own:

1: 6ft Mario (promotional 1997)
2: 6ft Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark July 2000) X2
3: 7 ft Turok ( HUGE one 1998)
4: Zelda Majoras Mask 5 ft ( 1 month old)
5: Rayman 2 5 ft ( N64 3D promo)

Let me know what you think on the collecting side of the market?
Tue 19/12/00 at 12:53
Regular
"not dead"
I think that they look dead cool.

I doubt my wife would let me have any in the house though.

Except maybe StarWars ones, the old ones are worth a fortune.
Tue 19/12/00 at 13:08
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i ve got a pamela anderson one......oh my god i dont beleive i just said that
Tue 19/12/00 at 13:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
I was kinda asking about game ones, but if pamela anderson in her red swimsuit helps you, then I don't see why not?

Has anyone got the Goldeneye one for N64???
Tue 19/12/00 at 19:55
"possibly impossible"
I could probably get hold of some for you, pretty cheap as well.

Our games shop likes to get rid of them as there are so many sent to them. Alternatively, why pay? You can go to any distributor and say you are a small independant retailer. They will send you loads of stuff, including metal shelves to hold games, stand ups, boxes and promotional FULL copies of games too.

I have a few of the last item, but I wouldn't be very popular at home if the postman delivered the amount of stuff that I would get if I did this!
Tue 19/12/00 at 21:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
so 'pb' where do you get this stuff from?
Thu 21/12/00 at 11:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
someone must have a standee?
Thu 21/12/00 at 12:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got an actual poster from an Oasis concert and Gary Numan's autograph - I told him my Dad would love it
;o)
Thu 21/12/00 at 14:18
"possibly impossible"
I'll get the details when I can, but they are in the back of all the trade magazines. I can get stuff from my local independant games shop in Exmouth, he's quite happy to get rid of half the boxes and stands that he receives as his shop is too small.

Unluckily for me, I can't have them in the house myself. I'm sure I could arrange to post some or pick something up for you if you can make it down as far as here. Basically, it would only cost you for the postage. I think there is a system whereby you can pay for it on delivery, but I'd have to find that out from the post office. A couple of years ago we had a nice Res Evil character with evil flashing eyes, and then a full size C3PO with the same (they've still got it in the shop) and they get loads and loads of giant playstation game boxes to get rid of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.