GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Operation Flashpoint: Elite"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Operation Flashpoint'.
Sun 23/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
Anybody preordered this?

I have high hopes for it, having played the PC version I am getting this solely for the online play.

I can remember when this was going to be a released a few months after the Xbox came out, now it comes out a month before the 360.
Thu 10/11/05 at 15:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Flashpoint was good fun.
Thu 10/11/05 at 14:41
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I may get it when the price drops down a bit.....
Thu 10/11/05 at 14:27
Regular
Can't believe non of you have got this.

I have really got into the single player at the moment. Every firefight that you have turns out differently, just now I was ambushed by a truck full of Russians that cut down all of my comrades - I managed to fire an RPG at the truck killing all the Russians but unfortunately taking a bullet to the leg.

Wounded and without any team-mates I had to get to a town to take out a Shilka (Anti Aircraft Gun) which I was able to do - but now I am unable to walk or stand up and am on the outskirts of a town full of Russians and no way to escape.

Excellent single player and an excellent multiplayer to go with it.
Thu 03/11/05 at 00:20
Regular
Also if you are a graphics wh*re, don't bother buying this game.

If you enjoy playing a game that requires you to think, take cover and plan every move around the enemy - please buy this game so I can chop you up in my chopper blades.
Wed 02/11/05 at 21:40
Regular
Haven't played BF2, unfortunately.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:09
Regular
Have you played Battlefield 2? How does it compare to that?

Because everyone knows Battlefield 2 is the nuts.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:01
Regular
J Nash wrote:
> Op Flash has always been an aquired taste, and in my experience it's
> only good to play online with friends. If not, there's too many
> people ready to order you around like you're their little biatch.

A LAW rocket to the face would sort that out.
Wed 02/11/05 at 10:57
Regular
Mmmmm, sounds tempting.
Wed 02/11/05 at 10:57
Regular
Op Flash has always been an aquired taste, and in my experience it's only good to play online with friends. If not, there's too many people ready to order you around like you're their little biatch.
Wed 02/11/05 at 10:51
Regular
Got this yesterday, but only just played it this morning.

I have only played one game on LIVE, but that gave me a pretty good feel of the fun that I shall be having with this game.
The map we played consists of two islands, a small island that belongs to the Americans and a large island that belongs to the Russians. It was our mission as the US to go in and rescue some downed pilots from the Russian island and it was the Russians missions to find the pilots and capture them.

On our island we had about 7 choppers, these consisted of Blackhawks and smaller two-man helicopters that had FFAR's on them. First of all it was me an another guy that flew into the island to look for the downed pilot but as we landed to take a look we came under fire from the Russians and died.

Back at base, we decided to take a chopper each and scout the part of the island where we knew the pilots would be, the landscape was a desert so there was no places for us, the Russians or the pilots to hide.

Unfortunately, it was the first time I had flown a chopper so it crashed it whilst scouting over the island and died. I took the gunners seat in a blackhawk whilst we scouted the island again and provided backup for the other choppers around. By this time the Russians had got there hands on some APC's and Tanks so we spent a good 20mins looking for them and blowing them up.

After some time we had used up all our choppers apart from a few so the mission turned into a mass evacuation of all of us trapped on the island. Some went in search for towns to find some vehicles or a plane and others like myself searched the desert for the missing pilots. After nearly an hour of playing I found the first pilot and asked for a lift out of there back to base - some team-mates piled into a blackhawk but came under fire as they were coming to get me so we lost our last chopper meaning half the team was stuck on one island and the other half on the other island.

We could have searched the island for a plane and them took it in turns to fly the pilots back to base but we decided to call it a day.

Bloody addictive and time consuming, what felt like 10mins of play was 80mins.

If you think Halo 2 is as tactical as it gets, don't buy this game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.