GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Water Cooling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 08:19
Regular
http://www.avforums.com/forums/ showthread.php?s=&postid=384992
Sun 08/12/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
my fans bigger than you fan,
(actually it is, I have an 18" one pointing at my pc just to keep the outside of the case cool - tried cooling it in the bath, temperature was real low because it wouldn't even power up!)
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:38
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I've got 10 fans in my PC (including 2 PSU fans) and it's very quiet.
Fri 06/12/02 at 01:40
Regular
ud have to be insane to do that.... and some made overclocking guy with huge glasses :x
Fri 06/12/02 at 01:25
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
My PC makes a bit of a noise but it doesn't stop me sleeping. Try drinking four or five cans of beer before you go to bed :-)
Fri 06/12/02 at 01:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
A PSU and processor fan from quietpc.com will set me back £120, but I'm gonna one day!
Thu 05/12/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You can easilly cool a system very well on air without noise. I do. The only thing that I have that actually generates noise is my PSU and CD drive, neither of which could benefit from water. Temps? OK, you got me there, but water cooling IS insane, and I reckon I could beat your cooling with water for less money on air.

I have a plan, y'see.
Thu 05/12/02 at 18:24
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Overclocking is less important than making your PC run silent these days. I upgraded from a 1Ghz to a 1.5, and the difference in grunt is only noticeable in X-Windows :O((

However my PC has always sounded like an airplane taking off, so next time I'll invest in a silent PSU and processor fan instead of fancy new bits :O)
Thu 05/12/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"You should have used ice-cream."

lol

Classic!
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:56
Regular
"How Handy."
Water cooling involves a reservoir full of water, a radiator, a pump, and a block. THe block is like a heatsink, but instead of using air, the water runs through it and takes the heat away from the CPU. The water then runs to the radiator where it's cooled, usually with a single, large but quiet fan, before going back to the reservoir ready to be pumped round again. This means you can take a lot of heat away with minimal noise, excellent for overclocking without having a loud system.
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:56
Regular
The way water cooling work is by heating up the water within the usually copper water block and then taking the hot water straight away from the cpu and taking it through a radiator which usually has a fan on it and cools the water down this water goes to the pump (or reservois) and back to the waterblock to pick up the heat again, it is more affective than a normal air cooling system as the heat is taken away quicker and cooled better in the radiator, it dropped my temps by about 13 degrees and i had pretty good air cooling, although it cost me about £120 to do but it was well worth the money if you overclock as you can get water blocks for most arts of your pc (i.e. hdd, northbridge, graphics and even PSU).

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.