GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Absolute cack"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 01:08
Regular
What am I talking about?

Preston North End.

How come other Nationwide teams (Wigan for example) can put on a show against Premiership teams where as we just get creamed?

And it really rubs it in when Aston Villa are the team to do it.

Just as things were looking up in the league we stumble against a mediocre Premiership side.

Looks like the terraces are right when they sing:

"He's fat, he's round,
He's taking Preston down,
Craigy Brown, Craigy Brown".

Absolute cack.
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:22
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Isn't Ricardo Fuller out injured though?
>
> If it is true (I don't follow Preston or anything, but I've heard
> this), then that'll be a major blow for Preston, as I've seen him
> play, and he's class.

Yeh, he is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Isn't Ricardo Fuller out injured though?

If it is true (I don't follow Preston or anything, but I've heard this), then that'll be a major blow for Preston, as I've seen him play, and he's class.
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:28
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
The Unsworth and Gronkjaer fiasco was just handbags, nothing serious at all, im sure Unsworths red card will be rescinded after the FA have looked at the incident.

However you saw the Birmingham incidents differently to me, are you Mr Winter by any chance? :D
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Colourless"
rabid wrote:
> I didnt see the West Ham - Saints incident so i cant comment...
>
> Today hurts cos after Mr Winter (i think that was his name) gave
> Southampton a penalty for Darren Purse chesting the ball...absolutely
> no hands whatsoever, the ref then decides that after the ball hit one
> of your players hands in your penalty area that all we deserved was a
> corner... so the ref admits that your player made contact with the
> ball otherwise we wouldnt have got the corner...
>
> My point is that TV will show BOTH incidents clearly tonight (i hope
> it does anyway) that Southamptons penalty was NEVER a penalty and that
> Birmingham should have got a penalty for a nailed on hand ball minutes
> later.
>
> Just how inconsistent is that?
>
> Watch it tonight, you will be shocked at the two incidents, although
> in your case you will be pleasantly shocked wehereas im totally
> incensed at the pathetic Mr Winter and his assistants.

The Premiership clearly showed that Purse's hit his arm but it was a case of ball to arm i would say, so that was a bit harsh.
However it also showed that the balll clearly hit James Beattie's thigh not his hand ( and I think he deserves that bit of luck with the referee making the right decision)

I'm not sure about unsworth's sending off (and I'm a chelsea fan so........... but a least Gronkjaer pleaded unsworth's innocence.
Sun 08/12/02 at 08:42
Regular
What about yesterday's result for the North End, 3-1 up against Wimbledon midway through the second half, lost 3-5.

Nearly went on as I could not get tickets for Utd v Arsenal, glad I did not.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:43
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Refs and their assistants.....don't you just love 'em :D

Sometimes you do, sometimes NOT!

I'm off out now for a celebratory oooh Saints are in 7th place in the league drink :D
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I didnt see the West Ham - Saints incident so i cant comment...

Today hurts cos after Mr Winter (i think that was his name) gave Southampton a penalty for Darren Purse chesting the ball...absolutely no hands whatsoever, the ref then decides that after the ball hit one of your players hands in your penalty area that all we deserved was a corner... so the ref admits that your player made contact with the ball otherwise we wouldnt have got the corner...

My point is that TV will show BOTH incidents clearly tonight (i hope it does anyway) that Southamptons penalty was NEVER a penalty and that Birmingham should have got a penalty for a nailed on hand ball minutes later.

Just how inconsistent is that?

Watch it tonight, you will be shocked at the two incidents, although in your case you will be pleasantly shocked wehereas im totally incensed at the pathetic Mr Winter and his assistants.
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
rabid wrote:
> PS: did i mention that was NEVER a penalty?

Well I was sat the other end of the ground so I can't comment, you'll have to blame the referee as he was a tad closer than me. I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow morning, if it wasn't then hey so what, it's about time some good luck went our way!

By the way, did you see the West Ham - Saints game? Was that a blatent penalty on Beattie or did you think the ref got it right?
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Theres nothing to take back, i wasnt dissing Southampton, i merely said that the Preston fan would have been equally as grieved had Preston lost to Southampton the same as he was that they lost to Villa.

By the way that penalty Southampton got today was NEVER a penalty and anyone watching TV tonight will agree with me, Purse chested the ball and theres not a sole alive that can say he handled it...

Southampton lucked out today, you're currently enjoying the same kind of run that Everton did, Evertons wheels have come off now and we can expect to see them slide down the table in a very similar way to that which Southampton will when their good run ends too (and i wont be taking that back either :p

PS: did i mention that was NEVER a penalty?
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
rabid wrote:
> had it have been Southampton

Hope your going to take that statement back now, seeing as we're now 7th in the league! I get really fed up with everyone including Rodney (I'm a #@!"£*&^()^%$$££"") Marsh going on about how rubbish we are and should be going down this year!

Well look at the stats, we've lost at home this year (not this season) but in 2002......twice....yes twice, so I think some people should shut the hell up and realise we aren't as rubbish as everyone says!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.