GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chat Problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/09/06 at 23:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hello,

Just noticed something, you have banned text of over 60 characters with no spaces, presumably because it's probably meaningless spam or long URLs as plain text...

But the filter also picks up URLs in the [LINK] tag, eg. [ link = (something really long in here) ] would get picked up and not allowed.

(I needed to edit that, putting spaces in so the "[ link = (something really long in here) ]" bit didn't get picked up as an actual Link... You might also want to make sure any of the special Freeola tags between the CODE tags are treated as plain text too)

I noticed when I replied quoting a message that had links in it and because of the length of the links it stopped me posting the message. I wondered how the original poster had made the original post with the links, so altered them, then edited the post to change them back to the 'proper' links, and it worked, so it also seems you have some issue with the filter not being the same when editing posts as it is when you initially make them...

Anyway, you should probably ensure anything inside a [LINK] isn't counted when searching for words of 60 chars, as it will prevent people from posting certain URLs, and you might also want to look at why there's a difference between what is allowed when posting and editing...

Have fun!

[EDIT] - Gah, further testing and I can't figure out why it wouldn't accept it before... It was definitely giving me errors to do with the URLs I was posting (see my reply), but now it seems to be accepting long URLs fine... So dunno what I did :S

But still, the thing I mentioned about making everything between the CODE tags plain text, you might want to look at! :|
Wed 27/09/06 at 23:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
click here

click here

Hmm, the thing I was having trouble posting was these, but I just tried again and it worked... :S

Test
Wed 27/09/06 at 23:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hello,

Just noticed something, you have banned text of over 60 characters with no spaces, presumably because it's probably meaningless spam or long URLs as plain text...

But the filter also picks up URLs in the [LINK] tag, eg. [ link = (something really long in here) ] would get picked up and not allowed.

(I needed to edit that, putting spaces in so the "[ link = (something really long in here) ]" bit didn't get picked up as an actual Link... You might also want to make sure any of the special Freeola tags between the CODE tags are treated as plain text too)

I noticed when I replied quoting a message that had links in it and because of the length of the links it stopped me posting the message. I wondered how the original poster had made the original post with the links, so altered them, then edited the post to change them back to the 'proper' links, and it worked, so it also seems you have some issue with the filter not being the same when editing posts as it is when you initially make them...

Anyway, you should probably ensure anything inside a [LINK] isn't counted when searching for words of 60 chars, as it will prevent people from posting certain URLs, and you might also want to look at why there's a difference between what is allowed when posting and editing...

Have fun!

[EDIT] - Gah, further testing and I can't figure out why it wouldn't accept it before... It was definitely giving me errors to do with the URLs I was posting (see my reply), but now it seems to be accepting long URLs fine... So dunno what I did :S

But still, the thing I mentioned about making everything between the CODE tags plain text, you might want to look at! :|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.