GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mr Happyyyyyyyy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 18:22
Regular
Or anyone else that's at/had an interview at Oxford or Cambridge. I got my offer of an interiew at Oxford today. I have to stay at the college from the 16th to the 18th December. Thats three days for 2 30-45min interviews, which rocks. I can explore the college and the few parts of the city I don't know.

I know you got into Cambridge, so I was wondering if you could give me any advice about how to get a place. The procedure is basically the same at the two, apparently. Much appreciated.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:02
Regular
So I'll tell them I'm a guy called er-no and throw some Winnie the Pooh in. Can't fail. :)

Cheers for the info. Weakest science...That means they'll be chucking Physics at me. Great. I hate that sort of stuff. I shall be a rabbit. Yesyes.
Tue 03/12/02 at 13:54
Regular
Yeah, good luck.

And watch out for some dodgy questions - some mates of mine who applied were caught out by some really awkward, unexpected questions (as Mr Happy said) where you have to try and answer whilst sounding intelligent.

Good luck anyhow.
Tue 03/12/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I thought Oxford was up its own @rse.

Personal opinion, obviously, but my opinion nevertheless.
There was something a bit pretentious about it.

Good luck with the interview though, Stryke.
Mon 02/12/02 at 21:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
Lie, say you are me.
Mon 02/12/02 at 21:21
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Basically don't try and blag something if you don't know it, but don't say nothing. They will ask you questions to which you don't know the answer but they want to see how you adapt your existing knowledge to approach an answer.

If you're a wannabe natsci then they might fire some maths questions at you, well apparently they did to the Cambridge natsci's, and also they tend to interrogate you on your weakest science rather than the one you know tonnes about. But the interviews not entirely one way, it is possible to lead them on to your favourite topic.

They might ask you if you have any questions at the end, in which case it's best to say that the college's prospectus has handled everything you need to know, unless you are actually generally interested in finding something out. Just don't feel obliged to ask a question.

My Director of studies, whose a big Winnie the Pooh fan, said that when he interviews they're are two types of potential candidate - the eey-ores and the rabbits. The eey-ores are slow and depednable and will get their grades in the end but have no real interest or enthusiasm. The rabbits are the lively, vivacious people who really want to do the subject and are fascinated by it. They want the latter.

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why
he never understands anything."
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:54
Regular
I like being smug. It will make them smug. Then they'll give me the Key To The Kingdom.

Anyone ever play that boardgame? It rocked.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Handshake

And try not to be smug
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
All valid points. I'll remember not to dance.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't punch them or fart

Or dance and wear a nice suit and talk with a stuuuuupid drrronning acccceeent
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:47
Regular
Row row your extremely expensive modified racing boat..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.