GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone know a thing or two about Digital Camera's?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 15:09
Regular
Im after a digital camera/camcorder. After scanning SR and some other sites, i set my eye on this one, it looks good, seems to do the job and is pretty cheap. The Nisis Pocket Digital Camcorder 2.

http://sp2.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=GG4785

If anyone could have a look at that link and let me know what they think of it, and whether its worth the buy, the help would be really appreciated.
Mon 02/12/02 at 15:09
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im after a digital camera/camcorder. After scanning SR and some other sites, i set my eye on this one, it looks good, seems to do the job and is pretty cheap. The Nisis Pocket Digital Camcorder 2.

http://sp2.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=GG4785

If anyone could have a look at that link and let me know what they think of it, and whether its worth the buy, the help would be really appreciated.
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:04
Regular
""
think we've had this conversation on here before if you search back somewhere. think we came to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. i have a 50quid webcam, a 250quid olympus digital camera and a 650quid fuji digital camera. they all take pictures...
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
""
think we've had this conversation on here before if you search back somewhere. think we came to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. i have a 50quid webcam, a 250quid olympus digital camera and a 650quid fuji digital camera. they all take pictures...
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
""
doh
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
He's right you know. There's no such thing as value, *you get what you pay for* with cameras.
Mon 02/12/02 at 22:32
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
i've got a Sipix thingy, takes 100 JPEGs at 640x480 but it has no flash and gives very bad quality if the lightings bad..which it normally is as if it's too light, it doesn't take a picture and if it's too dark..it doesn't take a picture. It cost me £20 so i'm not complaing.

I'd like a £300+ camera some day, might try and find a use for it inbetween times.
Mon 02/12/02 at 22:36
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
If you want a camcorder then buy a camcorder.
If you want a digital camera then buy a digital camera.

The two are mutually exclusive. Sure you get a p***-poor digital camera on many camcorders, and yes some digital cameras have the ability to record a 10 second mpeg. But basically both are balls at doing what they're not intended for.

As for cameras, you do get what you pay for. If you splash out then you can get a professional Canon camera shell that will take film-quality digital photos. If you buy a fifty pound camera then don't expect great shakes.

If I were you I'd wait till after Christmas, because then all the mid prices cameras will start to drop in price and you'll be able to get a much better camera for your dollares.
Tue 03/12/02 at 01:13
"High polygon count"
I've got a Sony F505V DSC and it takes absolutely fantastic pictures, but it did cost me £680. You can pay out up to a few thousand for digital SLR cameras which take all the usual add-ons like zoom lenses etc.

For camcorders, you may want to consider a compromise of a Digital8 system. This takes the 8mm films like the usual camcorders, but records digitally on them, and feature a Long Play mode which gives you approx. 50% more film capacity - i.e. 90 minutes on a 60 minute tape. And they're cheaper than the MiniDV counterparts.
Tue 03/12/02 at 08:18
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Hmm, thanks for the help.

I think its wise to point out that this is my first time entering the Digital World, and im not out to become and brilliant Photographer or the next big director, just something to play around with really. I dont want to be spending hundreds of pounds either.

In the end, after reading many reviews over the internet, i did decide to go for the one i posted at the start, many people say many good things about it, and it seems like a decent choice for my first camera. Maybe the arguement you get what you pay for will come through, or maybe ill have a review and wisdom to recommend this camera come christman. Who knows?
Tue 03/12/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Fog, I got a Sipix one at the weekend, when trying to take a photo, 99% of the time it comes up with "err" in the display, this obviously means error, how worng can you go with a two button camera ?
Any idea what's wrong ?, think I will have to return to SR shop tonight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.