GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please answer... Importing PS2s from Hong Kong"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/12/00 at 22:54
Regular
Would an imported PS2 from Hong Kong play British PS2 games and DVD's because they use PAL and have the same plugs etc? If anyone knows please reply!
David
Sat 16/12/00 at 22:54
Would an imported PS2 from Hong Kong play British PS2 games and DVD's because they use PAL and have the same plugs etc? If anyone knows please reply!
David
Sat 16/12/00 at 23:20
I don't hthink they will but I already know the they have bought out a chip for the PS2 so that should work.
Sun 17/12/00 at 09:41
Think most people would advise you just to wait a couple of months till they are availiable here.
Sun 17/12/00 at 09:58
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
more aggro than its worth waiy untill you can get it here
Mon 18/12/00 at 17:14
it's no hassle because my uncle lives out there and he says he can get one for me (with me paying them), but i need to know if they will work first.
David
Mon 18/12/00 at 17:36
he meant it is more agro changing it, u need to get it chipped a converter, sumthing to dvd and the picutre aint as good quality, leave it till they come out here, I just saw sumthing on the Special reserve PS2 homepae sayin they could still get it too ya by x-mas, but i dunno what that was about.

If anywhere try www.gameland.co.uk they got me one a week after laucnh i ordered 2 weeks b4 launch, sooo there pretty good.
Mon 18/12/00 at 18:53
that SR things was just about delivering things, nothing to do with PS2
Mon 18/12/00 at 19:06
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
plus you will have to buy import games and @ £60 a pop ...no thanks
Mon 18/12/00 at 19:07
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
oh can you read chinese...seriously mate give it a while untill you can get it here
Thu 21/12/00 at 02:47
Regular
I have just had one brought over from Tokyo ( I assume yours will be Japan version?).
In answer to your question. You need to buy a heavy duty convertor that will turn uk 240 V to Japan 100 V. Dont buy cheap stuff as you need a power rateing of at least 50 Watts.

The lead that comes in the box has three connectors for the TV, I got a convertor that accepts these three and makes them into a scart lead... about £6.00. On two TV's that I have used this has worked fine. The Sony accepted without no problem, the Other TV needed a bit of menu fiddle to get the channel to be NTSC. But if NTSC is not supported by your TV then the image will be black and white ( only remedy is to buy a NTSC to PAL convertor). Most modern middle price large TV's should support NTSC.

As to DVD's I have just found out that Eurpoe is in the same territory as Japan (Region 2) so all UK DVD's should work fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.