GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Developers' Names..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/12/00 at 19:35
Regular
Okay, you know when we go out to buy sportswear, we always want to buy Adidas or Nike or something like that. And when we go to buy clothes, we always get the clothes with the right desginer labels on them.

I mean, the Tommy Hilfiger jumper may not be the best quality, and may be more expensive, but when your Mum points to the jumper made by someone you've never heard of says, "Oh darling, that one is cheaper, and it looks like it'll last longer," you say, "but this one's Tommy Hilfiger!" Most parents will know this, anyway.
But does the developers' names effect the games we buy?
Do we buy EA Sports' games because they are the "best" around???
Do we buy Konami games, because everyone else is getting them??

I've never really thought about it before, but the developers' names have never effected the games I buy. I tend to go towards sequels, or what games they have made in the past, more than the actual names.

I mean, would you buy a driving game made by a completely new developer, which looks good, or would you swing towards the Codemasters driving game, even though it looks worse.

I don't think that the names of games developers' have effected our gaming choices at all, but you never know...

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 10/11/08 at 14:33
Regular
Thanks Richard we have managed to get one
Wed 22/10/08 at 18:13
Regular
Hi There
Ive seen you advert for you wanting a windsurf trailer.
I have one and am looking to sell it if i get the right price.
It is a stainless steel trailer.
Please email me on [email protected] if you want more info.
rich
Sun 19/10/08 at 20:40
Regular
Any one have an enclosed trailer for sale. Dont want anything too tallor long but it must be able to take a techno - Why are they so long! Thanks
Mon 18/12/00 at 08:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmmmmm
Sun 17/12/00 at 15:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Anything with the words "Shigeru Miyamoto", "Yu Suzuki" or "Yugi Naka" in the credits are must haves.

Rav
Sat 16/12/00 at 20:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Billy Bass Talks Fishing, now there's an original game.
Sat 16/12/00 at 20:03
Regular
I always buy Farming sims from Natsume. No one else makes them as well as Natsume does.

Or fishing sims, for that matter.
Sat 16/12/00 at 20:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Alundra's not that bad.........

Of course, that's apart from the crap graphics.....and the rubbish gameplay.....and the annoying controls.....errrrr I'll leave now.
Sat 16/12/00 at 19:52
Regular
Square are not the only ones who can make quailty RPG's.
Nintendo can and Sega can, with Zelda and ShenMue.
Sat 16/12/00 at 19:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
RPG's: SquareSoft every time
Driving: Infogrames or Codemasters
Sports: THQ or EA

Anything else I'll read reviews first. I've got a Squaresoft T-shirt so I'm biased.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.