GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Yesterday..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 20:33
Regular
Yesterday I had three hours of my life stolen. I'm Jewish, and my cousin (a girl, Shelly) has been Bat Mitzvah'd (female version of Bar Mitzvah)> Now, I've always thought of Bat Mitzvahs as American inventions by caterers so that they'd get twice as much money from Jewish customers...so imagine my suprise when I found out that Shelly had invited us to her Kaballat Torah service.

This was basically her induction as an adult into the Synagogue, a culmination of several years of study.

I ALREADY WENT TO YOUR DAMN BAT MITZVAH! WHY TAKE AWAY ANOTHER SATURDAY MORNING? WHY?

Anyway, we went, and it's at a progressive synagogue. On the plus side, it's a nice place, tastefully decorated, comfy chairs. On the minus side, it's a progressive service, which translated to every five minutes these two people with acoustic guitars playing chords and everyone singing the same prayer six times. It was awful. If they thought they had good voices, they should have gone on Popstars, or bought a kareoke machine, not raped my eardrums and pooped in my brain. The worst bit was my electric guitar, amp and wah wah pedal was in the boot of the car so instead of praising the lord we could be excusing ourselves and kissing the sky.

After that we went to Caffe Uno (sic) and had pizza and chips which was quite nice, so I can half forgive them. Another invention by American caterers so that people will make big deals over their children and have big services. Ridiculous.

So, what did you do this weekend?
Thu 05/12/02 at 20:31
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Pulled this weekend, in a good way rather than a 'get drunk at club and pull some girl whose name you can't remember' way. So I've been wandering around with a big stupid smile on my face.
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
I played ps2 and worried about my coursework(as usual)
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:50
Regular
"Colourless"
El blokey, having been to your bar mitzvah I'd say they were okay. Of course I didn't go to the service, and after goin to loads they may get kind of annoying.

Okay this post actually has no point

*changing the subject very quickly while hanging head in shame.*
Sun 01/12/02 at 20:39
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Hussah! I'm not the only Jewish person on the forums!

This weekend? Yeseterday I got some drumming stuff for Chanukah, and lazed around, and today I visited my Aunt and Uncle's house somewhere in Derbyshire. Which was boring.
Sun 01/12/02 at 20:33
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Yesterday I had three hours of my life stolen. I'm Jewish, and my cousin (a girl, Shelly) has been Bat Mitzvah'd (female version of Bar Mitzvah)> Now, I've always thought of Bat Mitzvahs as American inventions by caterers so that they'd get twice as much money from Jewish customers...so imagine my suprise when I found out that Shelly had invited us to her Kaballat Torah service.

This was basically her induction as an adult into the Synagogue, a culmination of several years of study.

I ALREADY WENT TO YOUR DAMN BAT MITZVAH! WHY TAKE AWAY ANOTHER SATURDAY MORNING? WHY?

Anyway, we went, and it's at a progressive synagogue. On the plus side, it's a nice place, tastefully decorated, comfy chairs. On the minus side, it's a progressive service, which translated to every five minutes these two people with acoustic guitars playing chords and everyone singing the same prayer six times. It was awful. If they thought they had good voices, they should have gone on Popstars, or bought a kareoke machine, not raped my eardrums and pooped in my brain. The worst bit was my electric guitar, amp and wah wah pedal was in the boot of the car so instead of praising the lord we could be excusing ourselves and kissing the sky.

After that we went to Caffe Uno (sic) and had pizza and chips which was quite nice, so I can half forgive them. Another invention by American caterers so that people will make big deals over their children and have big services. Ridiculous.

So, what did you do this weekend?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.