GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Eclipse: Reaver and Grandprix vs. Da Animalz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 20:31
Regular
The tension is slowly building in anticipation of what will surely be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, spectacle in the history of SRW – a six man Hell in a Cell Match to determine the new CAW champion after Cong Man suffered and injury that will leave him out of action for a year. With all SRW’s top superstars vying for a much sought after place in this huge event, Commissioner Reaver (Ant) has booked a series of qualification matches to decide who goes in and who stays – already on Eclipse, The Jackal (RM18) booked his place in a controversial victory over former champion The Psychiatrist (MikeAll), and Hawk (AJ) will also be present after a victory over Mouldy Cheese. Scotty Dogg will compete here as well as defend his HardCAW Title against the aforementioned Hawk. The final participants will be Grandprix and the newly qualified RawIsAndy (Starlight).

But before that epic emanates from SRW Spun Out next week, we have a veeeery interesting tag match, with a set of controversial paired teams that could see sparks fly. Recent animosity between Da Animalz members Hawk (AJ) and Scotty Dogg (Figo) have boiled over in recent weeks, especially as they will be meeting at Spun Out for the HardCAW title. But in a recent twist, Cong Man made a welcome and somewhat impromptu return to attempt to smooth over the cracks of this faction. But will his presence be enough to stop emotions running over? The other makeshift team is that of Reaver and Grandprix, and these two are just ready to boil over at any moment…

Of course, with the pairing of Reaver and Grandprix means that they are unlikely to be on the same page – if anyone will be, it will probably be the two Animalz – Hawk (AJ) and Scotty Dogg (Figo), although with the two squaring off at Spun Out for the HardCAW Title, anything could happen.
Let’s take a look at the major events leading up to this hellacious main event…

ECLIPSE 18/11/02

The final participant was revealed in the last qualification match…

“RIA picks up DW, hits a couple of elbow shots, off the ropes, reversal, RIA off the ropes, DW ducks, RIA floats over, RIA with a cheeky roll up! 1… 2…

3!!! HE GOT THE 3 COUNT! We’ve got a replay. RIA floats over, roll up pin, RIA USED THE ROPES! HE ALSO HAD A HANDFUL OF JEANS! DW is fuming! RIA is going to Hell In A Cell!”

Then, emotions ran high during a promo from HardCAW champion Scotty Dogg, where all the Hell in a Cell participants made their feelings known…

“That’s where your wrong, “Scotty Dogg replies from the ring, “I’ll send you crashing out in my quest to become the World Champion.”

“Yeah, maybe, “Hawk answers, “but I’ll be the one who throws you off the damn Cell!”

“And then I’ll piledrive YOU through the Cell!” The Jackal joins in.

“SHUT UP!!” Reaver (Ant) screams, at breaking point. “I’M THE ONLY FORMER CAW WORLD CHAMPION IN THIS MATCH, I’M THE ONLY DOUBLE TAG TEAM CHAMPION AND I’M PROBABLY THE ONLY GUY WHO’S EVER BEEN IN A CAW WORLD TITLE MATCH!”

And Cong Man also revealed he will still play an active role in SRW as colour commentator, and for this upcoming match, he will be in the corner of the Animalz – will his presence be a factor?
As we come back from that little video montage it appears the competitors have already entered the ring, the sounds of ‘Who let da dogs out!’ by the Baha Men just dying down as the audience positively tingle in anticipation.

DING DING DING!! The first up are Reaver (Ant) and Hawk (AJ), and these two have certainly had their altercations in the past! Right hand, and another, Hawk uses his strength to jerk back Reaver and hit a standing clothesline! That was ferocious, but Reaver is made of sterner stuff. He returns to his feet, only to be bundled into the turnbuckle by Hawk, who starts spearing him against the side! Pain is shooting through the sternum of Reaver as Cong Man shouts encouragement from the corner. Hawk moves away as Reaver falls to the canvas. Hawk leans back against the turnbuckle and steps on the second rope, goes for the legdrop but Reaver shows enough presence of mind to moves out the way.

Reaver is back on his feet, but again Hawk (AJ) gains the upper hand – I think he may think he has a point to prove to Cong Man who is watching the match with interest. Suplex by Hawk, who then manoeuvres himself into a position from which he hyperextends the elbow of Reaver. Reaver (Ant) looks for Grandprix but he isn’t in any hurry to help out his partner for the night. Eventually Reaver manages to break free – starting a comeback of his own! Swift left and rights from Reaver, whips Hawk into the rope, lays on the mat – Hawk skips over him, hits the other ropes, straight into a Spinebuster!

Powerful Spinebuster by Reaver, who picks him up and hits a sidewalk slam, straight into a pin, hooking the leg, but an almost immediate kick out by Hawk. In the corner Scotty Dogg is absolutely itching to get a piece of Reaver, especially after that vicious backstage assault we saw earlier – he got a piece of him earlier, will he again? Yes! Hawk reluctantly tags in Scotty Dogg, seemingly at the order of Cong Man. Scotty Dogg (Figo) immediately makes a beeline for Reaver, and spears him down! He grabs both his legs, and then proceeds to catapult him into the turnbuckle! Scotty Dogg wastes no time and goes for a Powerslam, but Reaver manages to kick hi right in the jaw! He leans over and tags in Grandprix!

Grandprix hops in the ropes, still smarting from the HardCAW title defeat at Do Or Die. Grandprix sweeps the legs of Scotty, then picks him up and hits a backbreaker! Scotty Dogg reaches up, arching his back in pain, and Grandprix tags in Reaver (Ant) again as they start to double-team him – are they on the same page? Double suplex! Reaver is still hurting a little so he tags back Grandprix, who drags Scotty into the turnbuckle and puts his foot against his neck!

Scotty is in trouble, so Hawk runs round the outside and grabs the neck of Grandprix then jumps and uses the ropes to cut him off! Has he been playing SD4? Scotty is still in trouble, but manages to wriggle free and mount an attack, whipping Grandprix into the ropes, and then a back body drop! Scotty (Figo) looks at the crowd, who cheer as they know what is coming when Scotty climbs the turnbuckle…CRAZYSAULT!! He just hit that crazy top rope move! Bu…what’s he doing!? Rather than go for the pin, Scotty is showing off to Cong Man, who is responding in favour. and the crowd! WAIT!! REAVER!

Reaver grabs his tights and does a small package…

1…………

2…………

3!!!! REAVER (ANT) AND GRANDPRIX WIN ALREADY!?!

Reaver celebrates as Scotty Dogg looks up, disbelieving that he just won! Reaver gives Grandprix a high five (?) as Cong Man looks on. Hawk is glaring at Scotty, then jumps in-between the ropes and stares him down! Cong Man tries to appease Hawk but he certainly didn’t want to be on the losing side! Hawk is seriously annoyed at Scotty Dogg for that mistake costing them the match. He turns… AND HITS SCOTTY DOGG!

Cong is desperately trying to stop Hawks (AJ) assault, but he won’t stop! Hawk has been showing heelish tendencies recently and this is only serving as a further testament to that. Scotty Dogg (Figo) isn’t quite able to fend off Hawk who genuinely seems to be going a little crazy! Cong is screaming at Hawk to stop, whilst Reaver and Grandprix, a little shocked, look on! Cong Man strikes Hawk in the back, and Hawk just turns and wheels him away!! A strange change of behaviour from Hawk, who was defending Congie earlier, but it sems that Hawk is now only looking after No.1, and that means going after the man who holds what he wants – Scotty Dogg!

Major disrespect, and that certainly didn’t go down well with the crowd, or with Scotty Dogg, who is showing a new sense of purpose! They brawl out of the ring - Scotty Dogg forces Hawk over to the announce table. Scotty Dogg (Figo) rams Hawks head into the table! Hawk is dazed, but aware enough of mind to grab the monitor wire, and attempt to strangle Scotty!!! Amazing, if a little worrying, scenes here on Eclipse! As Reaver and Grandprix look on, this brutal after match encounter is certainly throwing a spanner in the works for Cong’s hopes of a unified Animalz faction seems to be dashed!

Scotty finally wrangles free, but not after serious damage has impacted on his neck. Hawk climbs the table as the noise from the crowd rises! We know what’s coming next, and Cong Man seems helpless to prevent it… HAWK SCREWDRIVER THROUGH THE TABLE!!

The table shatters under the impact! Hawk (AJ) leaves a broken STD on the floor amongst the rubble. Cong Man rushes to the aid of Scotty Dogg, who is holding his neck as the impact of first the strangling attempt, and then the hawk screwdriver made its mark. This has got to raise questions for how it will affect performance levels – we know Scotty Dogg is a helluva athlete and competitor, but can he cope with two matches at the PPV, especially if they are as brutal as this one?

Hawk, with something of a weird glint in his eyes, slides back into the ring and stares at Reaver (Ant) and Grandprix, who have been bystanders whilst all that was going down. Hawk walks past them, but Reaver waits and clubs him on the back! Reaver starts stomping on Hawk…and then Grandprix joins in! Are Reaver and Grandprix on the same page?!? They continue the vicious stomping on Hawk (AJ), Reaver taking the lead as Grandprix unbuckles the turnbuckle’s protective cover!

Reaver drags up Hawk and lifts him up over his shoulder…THEN DROPS HIM ON THE UNPROTECTED TURNBUCKLE!! Hawk is almost immediately busted open as Reaver sadistically rubs his head into the cold hard steel! He leaves Hawk crumpled on the floor, and turns to face Grandprix – is this an alliance? It can’t be, there’s been too much history, but it appears it is! Reaver is offering his hand! Grandprix accepts…but he’s clenching his other hand in a fist…

…AND THEN HITS THE FINSH LINE!!

GRANDPRIX HITS THE FINISH LINE ON REAVER! Reaver taken down as Grandprix spurns the chance of allying with the SRW Commish! Grandprix stands alone in the ring, the merciless blood stained mat claiming the other three victims! Reaver is down, Scotty Dogg (Figo) is still barely moving over by the announce table as he is ably attended to by EMTs, whilst Scotty Dogg (Figo) is bloodied over by the turnbuckle. Grandprix stands tall…

WAIT! WTF, THE JACKAL (RM18) IS HERE!

THE JACKAL SPINS ROUND GRANDPRIX……JACKALKNIFE POWERBOMB!!!

The FIFTH participant in the 6 Man Hell in a Cell is making his presence known to he other combatants! These are unbelievable scenes, first the match, then the Scotty Dogg/Hawk fallout, and then this!! This is all out carnage! Now the Jackal is all alone in the ring, standing over the four bodies who will make up this 6 Man Hell in a Cell!

The Jackal slides out the ring and laughs, wh…now what? Someone is throwing beer cans from the crowd – The Jackal looks around puzzled, but the face shows himself…ITS RAWISANDY (STARLIGHT)! Newly qualified as the sixth and final participant, he is wasting no time! JIMJAMJAHA!!!! JIMJAMJAHA ON THE JACKAL!! RIA hits the Jimjamjaha on an unsuspecting Jackal - RIA (Starlight) cracks open a couple of cold beers, downing one and pouring the other over The Jackal (RM18)! He grins and toasts the crowd, in victor…

*CRACKKKK!!! *

CHAIRSHOT FROM BEHIND BY..… JETSTER!! What’s he doing here? Jetster lays out RawIsAndy (Starlight) who collapses on to the floor in a crumpled heap, the chair is practically bent in half, RIA is completely out cold, just like his beers! RIA (Starlight) – out cold on the steel ramp, The Jackal (RM18) writhing on the floor after the Jimjamjaha, Reaver still feeling the effects of the finish line, Grandprix in a crumpled heap after the Jackalknife Powerbomb, Hawk bloodied over by the turnbuckle, and Cong Man desperately trying to help SD (Figo), lying under the rubble of the table broken with his own body - every single Hell in a Cell participant is out, beat, and squashed - this is carnage, carnage I tell you!!

Jetster reaches over to his friend and fellow undisputed tag champ Reaver (Ant) and helps him up as they leave the ring, Reaver now aware enough to scream obscenities at the other wrestlers, with Jetster gesturing! As the other five men wearily get up and move a little, a staggering Reaver is helped backstage by Jetster. I think everyone has just about forgotten about the match now! Jetster may have been able to help Reaver (Ant) now, but with the unforgiving steel structure that will enclose them at SRW Spun Out, there will be nowhere to hide!

Look at events here – this was supposed to be just a normal Eclipse Tag – a little short, but after? Wow! If this is a sign of things to come at SRW Spun Out, where we have the first ever Elimination 6 Man Hell in a Cell for the CAW Title, then all I can say is this has the potential to be the damndest match ever seen in SRW…nay, the world! I got one word for ya…HIAC BABY!
Fri 06/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I used to love those endings on Smackdown only for me never to see the following PPV :( This time it will be different.
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:15
Regular
Amazing match Russ. I should have read this earlier. And look, you've started it off with Figo and Hawk :cD

Excellent stuff dude.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
:-D
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:29
Regular
Erm..well...*points at AJ's tagline*

Indeed :D
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Figo wrote:
> So will your face at Spun Out :D

---

Only if I stick it in the blender before the match, which isn't likely.

:-D
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:04
Regular
So will your face at Spun Out :D
Mon 02/12/02 at 18:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Figo wrote:
> Hawk, you shall pay dearly...

---

Yes, those teeth do look out of place. Sorry about that.

:-)
Mon 02/12/02 at 18:17
Regular
Absolutely amazing Russell. I wanted it to go forever. Total carnage and destruction there and no one really ended up on top at the end.

Hawk, you shall pay dearly...
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That was quality stuff - so much action, so much mayhem, so much utter carnage... and it's great!

Brilliant stuff, Russ!
Mon 02/12/02 at 11:17
Regular
"..."
Mayhem...utter, utter mayhem...

FANTASTIC :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.