GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola 500 reminders"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/10/08 at 19:35
Regular
whilst I agree with these reminders about old or seldom used email addreses, I have received an email tonight that is a freeola log in address - the domain is fully paid up - the site needs little or no maintainence - so why should it be removed? The domain was bought here, Freeola offered free hosting and the account is not offending any one?

Digi
Sun 19/10/08 at 20:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just read 'Kevin Currie' and I have to applaud you, well done lad. Me and you have lots in common, but I'm not called Kevin:-D Full support...
Sun 19/10/08 at 19:56
Regular
ButchML wrote:
>
> To clarify, if you have purchased a domain name and host it on
> the Freeola servers you can access the webspace for this as often
> (or as rarely) as you like with no reprisal. However, if you also
> have Freeola500 addresses connected to this webspace it will need
> to be accessed at least once every 45 days or risk these being
> removed.

So the Domain we bought from you and is hosted by you but is serviced by a Freeola 500 domain will lose its email address, because we dont use the email - yet its a fully bought and paid for domain - the site is not offending anyone its a bands webvert, but because you are the powers that have the final say I guess theres no point me bringing to your attention that you might be wrong in what you are doing.

cast your mind back to the special reserve days when the WWW was young - first you got your address then you bought your domain and it was hosted on that address space - so now it appears that your changing the rules.

I conect via FTP and do not use the email address to log in and what harm is this address doing just because there is little or no email going through it?

Digi

EDIT I have now set up forwarding on the email address that you want to delete to see if that keeps it safe from your house keeping
Sat 18/10/08 at 10:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Domains purchased from GetDotted (or bought elsewhere and transfered into GetDotted) are not affected by this housekeeping. The only web addresses and email addresses that will be eligible are the free Freeola500 ones that are going unused.

If you have any F500 addresses pointing to a paid for site these will be removed if the webspace (sr/vip number) is not accessed at least once every 45 days, leaving your paid-for domain as the only link to your site. No changes need to be made to files or content, simply accessing the webspace via FTP will be enough.

To clarify, if you have purchased a domain name and host it on the Freeola servers you can access the webspace for this as often (or as rarely) as you like with no reprisal. However, if you also have Freeola500 addresses connected to this webspace it will need to be accessed at least once every 45 days or risk these being removed.
Fri 17/10/08 at 19:35
Regular
whilst I agree with these reminders about old or seldom used email addreses, I have received an email tonight that is a freeola log in address - the domain is fully paid up - the site needs little or no maintainence - so why should it be removed? The domain was bought here, Freeola offered free hosting and the account is not offending any one?

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.