GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth the wait?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/12/00 at 22:40
Regular
It really makes me wonder what the executives are thinking. You're introducing a new console. Already there are two more competitors out there and one more on the way. The Dreamcast had the advantage of being first off the shelf. New console, old favourite buy a Dreamcast. Then a more familiar and larger console comes out and everyone goes hyper for one, so much that the console probably won't reach a shelf until after the March one because so many people will be reserving one. (i.e myself, my girlfriend, each of my brothers, etc).

Now bearing all that in mind what makes Nintendo think they can come in and blow us all away and get us to buy their console and games, not forgeting the fact they have to contend with the likes of Bill Gates which we know very well for so many using his software (not that most want to).

I think it will be helped with the success of the N64 but will that be enough to get the ball rolling. I'm unaware if the xbox will be released before the gamecube but if it then they're in for a rough rise. Who will have enough money to buy yet another console when they are all released within a year or 2 of each other. The thing about the mega drive and the NES was that they were around for many years and so getting people to buy the consoles was easy enough. Then the playstation came along and talk a lot of the console owners away. Now we're faced with 4 consoles to choose from and I think that this isn't such an easy choice to make. Each has it's benefits, and it's disadvantages and it's highly unlikely that all will be successful 4 consoles - same time - millions of purchases? Who's going to want to pay 100s for a console that has functions that you have already with another console? "The console comes with a DVD drive and a modem" - "we don't need a modem we can use the dreamcast, and we don't need a dvd drive we have a PS2"

The gaming industry is highly competitive now and who's going to benefit from all this? That's right the gamer, good games may not be enough to win over the gamers, I feel prices will fall, game developers will be pushed harder to make better games, and no body hates the idea of choice.

Buy as many consoles as you can, you'll find that each will have it's advantages, and if you can't afford it, then sit and wait untill all are out and the reviewing of all 4 are much more simple to realise.
Tue 18/11/08 at 09:48
Regular
Have I made a will with the nice gentlemen from Legal Independence? er... NO! I think that I would rather rely on my will here. To almost quote Mark Twain "The only things certain in life are death, taxes and problems at Panorama Beach"
Wed 22/10/08 at 17:18
Regular
Hi there everyone. Yes we have also recieved the same information on this will thing. To be honest, we are not parting with anymore money either. It really does seem like one scam after another.
Sun 19/10/08 at 07:37
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hi moggy... No not at all i didn,t for one minute think it was you who sent the will e-mail as i got one to from these slimballs. all the best Napperboy
Sat 18/10/08 at 17:13
Regular
Dear napperboy - I hope you don't think that it's me who is promoting the wills - I was just sending a copy of what I received from Legal Independance the solicitors recommended by MRI. Cheers moggy
Fri 17/10/08 at 19:31
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
i would like to say one thing on this will thing ,get us sorted first with the guaranteed rental for all your clients instead of trying to rob us of more money..,you and mri must think that we are all mugs after taken us for a ride the last two years,why don,t you ask all the ones working for the vigo group about a will ,you know what your answer would be
Thu 16/10/08 at 06:43
Regular
Got this from legal independance the other day.
what a cheek as they were not much help with my rental claim

Dear Sir/Madam,

Being a full-right owner of a property in Bulgaria, it is of utmost importance to consider its succession and grant a will.

The proposal of this will is to simplify the administrative process in the will execution. Please note that in the EU it does not exist any unified will, neither an unified system of Registration. There is only one proposal from the European Parliament to the Commission to harmonize the different inheritance legislations of the EU members, nevertheless this is only a proposal as of yet.

As located in Bulgaria, your property is subjected to the regulations of section 89, subsection 2 of the International Private Law Code 2007, prescribing that succession of an immovable property is guided by the law of the state, where the property is situated. Therefore, in case no will is granted, the regulations of the Bulgarian Inheritance Act 1949(last amendment in 2007) would be applicable towards the succession of your property. Being a pure Bulgarian Act, reflecting the local inheriting traditions, the Inheritance Act might be unknown or even strange to foreign owners and their successors. In order to avoid the application of such unknown rules, we highly recommend you to grant a will in regards with your Bulgarian properties.

Moreover, it could be more profitable for you to arrange the succession of your property in Bulgaria bearing in mind that as per section 31 subsection 2 of the Local Taxes and Fees Act 1998 (last amendment in December 2007) the spouse and the heirs by lineal inheritance (children and parents) are exempted from tax upon the inherited property. Other heirs are subjected to taxation if the inherited share is valued over 250 000 levas and the tax is a percentage of its value. As you may see the inheritance tax in Bulgaria is something that would not greatly affect your budget compared with what you would be required to pay in UK.

Please note that notwithstanding the beneficiary clauses of the Bulgarian Law that regulate the inheritance tax, your heirs are obliged to declare the inherited property at the Bulgarian Tax office in a short term prescribed by the law. If they fail to do this declaration they will be penalized by the tax authorities. Therefore, it is extremely important for your heirs to be assisted by local lawyer, who is aware of the case. As your lawyers advising you from the very beginning of your property purchase, Legal Independence could provide your heirs with the necessary assistance regarding the succession of your property.

In order to make a will in Bulgaria, you may choose between two options:

1. An official will under the form of a notary act, signed and stamped by the notary- please note that your presence is legally required! In this case we will take you to the notary, arrange an interpreter, help you in finding two witnesses (this is a requirement imposed by the law) and provide you any assistance you might need.

2. An autographical will, written with your own hand – your presence is not required! However, the autographical is subjected to strict requirements, prescribed by the law, which we will explain to you. We will send you a sample of an autographical will on the basis of the preliminary information supplied by you and after your final approval you will be requested to write it down with your own hand and post it back to us. Upon its receipt we will examine it once again in order to ensure that it would be legally recognized as a valid document reflecting the disposure with your Bulgarian assets and deposit it to the notary following the prescribed by the law notarial procedure. Please note that an autographical will could be written by only one person and not by the co-owners jointly. Each of the co-owners should prepare a separate will for the respective ideal part of the property.

Due to public policy reasons there is a regulation as per the Bulgarian Inheritance Act, whose application could not be excluded by making a will (I must inform you that the Bulgarian law is based on the European Continental law and the sources recognized as authoritative are primarily legislation in contrast with the Common Law and equity (UK) which a system of law whose special distinction is the doctrine of precedent, or stare decisions “to stand by decisions”). This is the fundamental principal of the reserved share, granted to certain group of heirs-the legator’s spouse and children. By acting on your behalf we will ensure that this fundamental principle is not abused.

Our legal fee for preparing your will is 350 Euros (plus 20% VAT) equals to 420 Euros. Be aware that the notary is taking 30 EUR to keep the will.

Hope this gives you a general overview of the procedure of making a will, but we are ready to assist you through out the whole process of preparing your Bulgarian will.

Kind regards,

Mihaela Todorova

Assistant

MARTÍNEZ-ECHEVARRÍA, PÉREZ Y FERRERO, ABOGADOS
Legal Independence Bulgaria
6 Khan Krum Str. 2nd floor. 8000 Burgas. Bulgaria
Tel. +359 56 859 444
Fri 15/12/00 at 22:40
Regular
It really makes me wonder what the executives are thinking. You're introducing a new console. Already there are two more competitors out there and one more on the way. The Dreamcast had the advantage of being first off the shelf. New console, old favourite buy a Dreamcast. Then a more familiar and larger console comes out and everyone goes hyper for one, so much that the console probably won't reach a shelf until after the March one because so many people will be reserving one. (i.e myself, my girlfriend, each of my brothers, etc).

Now bearing all that in mind what makes Nintendo think they can come in and blow us all away and get us to buy their console and games, not forgeting the fact they have to contend with the likes of Bill Gates which we know very well for so many using his software (not that most want to).

I think it will be helped with the success of the N64 but will that be enough to get the ball rolling. I'm unaware if the xbox will be released before the gamecube but if it then they're in for a rough rise. Who will have enough money to buy yet another console when they are all released within a year or 2 of each other. The thing about the mega drive and the NES was that they were around for many years and so getting people to buy the consoles was easy enough. Then the playstation came along and talk a lot of the console owners away. Now we're faced with 4 consoles to choose from and I think that this isn't such an easy choice to make. Each has it's benefits, and it's disadvantages and it's highly unlikely that all will be successful 4 consoles - same time - millions of purchases? Who's going to want to pay 100s for a console that has functions that you have already with another console? "The console comes with a DVD drive and a modem" - "we don't need a modem we can use the dreamcast, and we don't need a dvd drive we have a PS2"

The gaming industry is highly competitive now and who's going to benefit from all this? That's right the gamer, good games may not be enough to win over the gamers, I feel prices will fall, game developers will be pushed harder to make better games, and no body hates the idea of choice.

Buy as many consoles as you can, you'll find that each will have it's advantages, and if you can't afford it, then sit and wait untill all are out and the reviewing of all 4 are much more simple to realise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.