GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Random Rebooting & Memory Dumping"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 22:13
Regular
I have just recieved my Brand New Pc (well it was in parts) I have put it together properly and it has the following problem. When doing anything taxing such as video playing or game playing it will reboot with no warning. Also when I have numerous things open, sometimes just internet browsers.

Another problem is it just Memory Dumps for no apparent reason ewither!

Can anyone tell me what part might be faulty?

(I have ran a test on the memory, it came up fine)

The PC Spec is:

Athlon XP 2000+
256Mb DDR Ram
64Mb GeForce 4
40Gb Hard-Drive
DVD
CD-RW
Tv Card
Network Card
Tue 03/12/02 at 11:31
Try taking out that TV card, I'm sure it's the cause of all problems. I remember when I had my Hauppuage WinTV - it caused several crashes with Windows XP.
Tue 03/12/02 at 11:05
Regular
Or you forget to plug in the power supply plug :-)

c.b.
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
And then you turn the IDE cable the other way round :D
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:44
Regular
lol thats the problem you have when building ur own comp........ u put it together puff nothing comes out u get a shock o.O
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:09
Regular
Try taking off all non essential parts, like sound card, network card cd writer/rom so you are only left with motherboard, cpu, ram, video card and hard drive, i doupt it is something to do with the PSU although it might be worth trying another just to rule it out.

c.b.
Mon 02/12/02 at 12:03
Regular
"^_^"
GasMask wrote:
> Hm, maybes its just broke. Send it back :o)
>
> T'is probably overheating.. if it just reboots by itself randomly..
>
> Are your fans working.. silly question but hm?

Yes my Fans are working and I doubt it is overheating. But I will have a look anyway.
Sun 01/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hm, maybes its just broke. Send it back :o)

T'is probably overheating.. if it just reboots by itself randomly..

Are your fans working.. silly question but hm?
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:28
Regular
lol is that every computer 'wiz' for you...
Sun 01/12/02 at 10:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I'd say you're either overheating or your PSU can't hack it. Have you
> tried increasing your Vcore voltage?

...I can imagine you in a basement Lab with frizzed white hair and a white coat doing stuff like this but creating a monster..like Dr Frankenstein.

"increase the voltage..muwahahaha, he's alive!!"

*cough*
Sat 30/11/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'd say you're either overheating or your PSU can't hack it. Have you tried increasing your Vcore voltage?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.