GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AGAIN!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/09/06 at 11:28
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Young Boy Attacked By Rottweiler

A neighbour has described his frantic attempts to rescue a boy who was being severely mauled by a Rottweiler in West Sussex.

Two-year old Harvey Lawrence has undergone surgery following the attack and remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Neighbour Mike Pepper was up a ladder outside his home in Middleton, near Bognor Regis, when he heard hysterical screaming from a woman in a nearby garden.

He grabbed a hammer, ran up the driveway and hit the animal repeatedly over the head in an effort to subdue it, before carrying the blood-soaked child into their kitchen.

Mr Pepper, 66, said: "I knew something was wrong, particularly as a Rottweiler was involved.

"So I got down from the ladder and got hold of the nearest thing I could find, which was a hammer, and I went down the road and up the driveway of their home.

"I could see the grandmother was over the boy in the front garden shielding him from further attack.

"The dog was still trying to get to the boy and I kept shouting at the dog to get away and I hit it on the head with the hammer.

"Fortunately, it backed off so I turned my attention to the boy who was covered in blood and had some really nasty facial injuries."

A spokewoman at St Richard's Hospital in Chichester said that Harvey had spent a considerable amount of time in surgery but that he had managed to watch his favourite video.

Police said the dog had been seized and the owner has agreed for it to be destroyed.

The attack comes days after another baby was mauled to death by two Rottweilers at a pub.

Five-month-old Cadey-Lee Deacon was attacked at The Rocket public house in Leicester on Saturday.

She was taken to hospital but died later of her injuries.
Wed 27/09/06 at 15:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I wonder what next month's story of choice will be
Wed 27/09/06 at 14:24
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sibs wrote:

> Now the public have that story fresh in their mind, the media
> will print whatever stories they can involving dogs injuring
> children...

Exactly what I thought after the news about the baby being killed broke.
Wed 27/09/06 at 12:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sibs wrote:
> These things probably happen relatively regularly... Just last
> time was particularly bad as the baby was killed.
>
> Now the public have that story fresh in their mind, the media
> will print whatever stories they can involving dogs injuring
> children...

Indeed
Wed 27/09/06 at 12:37
Regular
"..."
I must confess, that I'm rather scared of dogs. It's not quite a phobia, but definetly try to avoid them where possible. Something about razor sharp-teeth which seems to trigger my self-preservation instincts...

Stories like this don't exactly help.
Wed 27/09/06 at 12:05
"possibly impossible"
The dogs have to wear a muzzle by law when they are out in public, but not at home. Again, special licences need to be made law for dangerous dogs. After all, you can't keep a Tiger without one, so why one of these dogs?
Wed 27/09/06 at 12:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
These things probably happen relatively regularly... Just last time was particularly bad as the baby was killed.

Now the public have that story fresh in their mind, the media will print whatever stories they can involving dogs injuring children...
Wed 27/09/06 at 11:37
Regular
This is terrible :( I felt bad reading this because I could picture it all. Borat shouldnt read this.

There really has to be some kind of license or something, it seems that owners can't even look after their own dogs.
Wed 27/09/06 at 11:37
Regular
Deary me again ... so soon after the other one ... it's all going off at the mo ...
Wed 27/09/06 at 11:28
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Young Boy Attacked By Rottweiler

A neighbour has described his frantic attempts to rescue a boy who was being severely mauled by a Rottweiler in West Sussex.

Two-year old Harvey Lawrence has undergone surgery following the attack and remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition.

Neighbour Mike Pepper was up a ladder outside his home in Middleton, near Bognor Regis, when he heard hysterical screaming from a woman in a nearby garden.

He grabbed a hammer, ran up the driveway and hit the animal repeatedly over the head in an effort to subdue it, before carrying the blood-soaked child into their kitchen.

Mr Pepper, 66, said: "I knew something was wrong, particularly as a Rottweiler was involved.

"So I got down from the ladder and got hold of the nearest thing I could find, which was a hammer, and I went down the road and up the driveway of their home.

"I could see the grandmother was over the boy in the front garden shielding him from further attack.

"The dog was still trying to get to the boy and I kept shouting at the dog to get away and I hit it on the head with the hammer.

"Fortunately, it backed off so I turned my attention to the boy who was covered in blood and had some really nasty facial injuries."

A spokewoman at St Richard's Hospital in Chichester said that Harvey had spent a considerable amount of time in surgery but that he had managed to watch his favourite video.

Police said the dog had been seized and the owner has agreed for it to be destroyed.

The attack comes days after another baby was mauled to death by two Rottweilers at a pub.

Five-month-old Cadey-Lee Deacon was attacked at The Rocket public house in Leicester on Saturday.

She was taken to hospital but died later of her injuries.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.