GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 2-16??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/12/00 at 14:22
Regular
Japanese magazine Fatmitsu has revealed that 2 chapters where within the DC (PAL) versions and they had planned to have 36 chapters! If my calculations are correct and they wan't to finish the game by releasing it all then that will go to Shenmue 16!!! WOW that'll be the most sequels to any game!

Heres the question:

Are Sega going to do it???
Fri 15/12/00 at 14:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
Japanese magazine Fatmitsu has revealed that 2 chapters where within the DC (PAL) versions and they had planned to have 36 chapters! If my calculations are correct and they wan't to finish the game by releasing it all then that will go to Shenmue 16!!! WOW that'll be the most sequels to any game!

Heres the question:

Are Sega going to do it???
Fri 15/12/00 at 14:41
Regular
"not dead"
I hope that they do, just to show the critics that they can!

However, it takes time to develop games, and even if they put out 1 Shenmue chapter a year, it'll be 2015 by the time you reach the end. Whatever console would you be playing it on?

There are rumours that Sega will never release another console, so will we see the other chapters on a Microsoft console, a Playstation, a Nintendo, or the PC?

Though by the time we get to Shenmue chapter 16, no doubt we would have already seen Final Fantasy 20! (Though they don't run as a continuing story in the way that Shenmue supposedly will.)
Fri 15/12/00 at 18:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
And people say Sony make too many sequels... {:)
Fri 15/12/00 at 20:37
Regular
It's slightly out of hand with that many, but Zelda could go on to be better!
Fri 15/12/00 at 20:58
It sounds mad. How is it that Black Isle make a good RPG like Baldur's Gate and make it last a long time without having to release it in tiny bits. Anyway, wouldn't you get bored of not finding out the ending, it would be like having one episode of Coronation Street a year wouldn't it. This Shenmue doesn't look like being the ground breaking game i was told it would be... Infact it seems to have fallen through a few holes created by other games that were released before it like Deus Ex, and Ultima9 (if it works) and maybe Black Isle RPGs... Can't wait for Neverwinter Nights. So what ground does it break? I do want to know, i'm not just insulting it. Anyway it all sounds rather ridiculous and at £35 per 2 chapters you'll have paid £560 for the whole game... Is that worth it? I doubt it.

Ah well, back to the old drawing board.

I heard that Sega have confirmed they definately are making a new console, something about reviving the Mega Drive too (possibly unrelated).
Sat 16/12/00 at 18:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Last i heard, shenmue 1 (the one that's out) was only chapter 1. The next game will contain chapters 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Anyway, the sequals on 6 GD-ROMS, so it'll be BIG!

Rav
Sat 16/12/00 at 18:20
Regular
I was a little disapointed with the ending to Majora's mask, and endings are very important to me.

32 chapters? Must mean amazing ending. The only reason something has to be so long is to explain the ending.
Sat 16/12/00 at 18:21
Regular
Hi there Gronti, it's been a while...
Sat 16/12/00 at 18:27
Regular
The games got multiple endings depending on the number of masks you've got.
Sat 16/12/00 at 18:30
Regular
Excellent. I was hoping there would be more to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.