GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gta3/vice city is it due on ps at all"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 10:39
Regular
when will vice city or gta3 arrive on ps1 been a long wait for a good game...is it possible to get gta3 on ps...isnt gta3 too big for playstation???
Fri 29/11/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Loves Cookies"
I think the PSone would blow up, the graphix would make the Psone controllers vibrate too its lenghs...just loading up the title screen.
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:55
Regular
"Black pepper?"
LOL PSOne!!!
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
"LOVES GAMES ON PS2"
all the best ps2 games are not compatible for ps1.buy a ps2
Fri 29/11/02 at 17:36
"You love us!"
farmer wrote:
> when will vice city or gta3 arrive on ps1 been a long wait for a good
> game...is it possible to get gta3 on ps...isnt gta3 too big for
> playstation???

Yeah sure it is. And it'll also be getting i release on the Amiga and Vectrex a few weeks later :-p
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:19
Regular
"cant think of one.."
One option would be to convert GTA3 to a style similar to GTA1 and 2. However, this probably wouldn't be cost-effective.

Anyway, with Christmas coming up, get yourself a PS2! Its worth mugging your nan for.

*lawyer-style voice*
SR does not condone mugging and/or stealing from relatives or loved ones.
Fri 29/11/02 at 12:31
"High polygon count"
Not to mention it would never fit on CDs. You'd need 4 or 5 discs at least, and the swapping would be a nightmare.

Even if PSone could handle it, which - unfortunately - it couldn't.
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:06
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It would never work, GTA3 uses the PS2s texture streaming so it is loading from disc constantly. The PS1 can't do this so it would never be able to load all the game into memory at one time. You'd have huge loading periods when you drove from one street top the next.
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It may be possible to convert to the PS1, though I very much doubt it will look as good. The game would probably have to use some serious pop-up if it ever was converted, much like the old Driver games. I wouldn't build you're hopes up.
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:42
Regular
Sorry, its a little too much for PS1 to handle. Both GTA3 and Vice City won`t make it to PS1.
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:39
when will vice city or gta3 arrive on ps1 been a long wait for a good game...is it possible to get gta3 on ps...isnt gta3 too big for playstation???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.